Wednesday, January 21, 2026

End of Cuffing Season

Life has been pretty sweet last few days — no Ernie, no Crafty Lady.

Cuffing Season generally ends between February and March, so not seeing either of the two around may indicate the season is winding down early.

In fact, I've had no irritants other than the Clown in the Oval Office, but I’m more and more convinced the end is near for him.

In fact, he may be gone already and what we're seeing is A.I.

Posts on facebook last night were all about the Danes wanting to buy California.

I myself am flattered that out of all the states to choose from, they chose us Californians.

No surprise, others expressed wanting in on the deal. Comments were along the lines of …………

"Can Oregon jump in on this? Maybe like a free gift with purchase?"

"Missouri is worth 7 cents ………… please buy us, it's a bargain and we'll be taking offers".

"*Raises hand in Austin, TX*".

"The pastries sealed the deal".

"Great Danes: Will you take Oklahoma?"

"Alabama will be cheaper. Where do I sign".

"Do the residents already living in California get Denmark citizenship? I will literally move to Cali immediately!"

On and on and on, with one commenter pointing out — "Craziest part is they technically can. Because California doesn’t technically belong to the US. It was an island that smashed into the U.S.A. and it just kinda became one of the states".

That being the case, give me the signal and I’ll start learning the language.


In other news, the Activity Calendar indicated "Winter Crafts" for yesterday’s Kesha Tuesday.

Busy doing nothing, I didn’t even bother to go downstairs to check. Instead, I called the Baker, asked if she was in the Community Room.

She was and evidently couldn’t talk freely, just kinda grunted yes that she was in the room, grunted no when I asked if there were crafts.

After moving away from where she was seated, so she could talk freely, she said Kesha had stayed long enough to give them bags of potato chips and then disappeared, that it was not worth my time to get dressed, come down.

I wonder if, when we become Danish territory, we can get a better Manager and Activity Director to go along with "universal health care, fact-based politics, and a lifetime supply of Danish pastries".

Late Saturday night, I got a sweet message from ex-Trainer.



He went to the trouble of putting that compilation together.

I think he misses me.

He could talk to me on a level he couldn’t with any of his other clients, nor even a level his wife could understand.

I miss him too and, if he ever moved to a different location, where he once again had space dedicated to personal training, I’d go back because, though I have exercise equipment up the wazoo in my unit, what I don’t have is motivation to get off the couch and workout.

20 comments:

  1. Love the comments about joining Denmark, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's cuffing season everywhere ICE shows up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That video compilation is wonderful. How could he not miss you and your energy? You are something else! My friends in Denmark say velkommen til Danmark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can be my translator until I learn how to say Mange tak! without looking it up, LOL.

      Delete
    2. Even better, you just also spoke Norwegian. You’re trilingual.

      Delete
  4. I am writing a pitch to Denmark to buy South Carolina; we're small, but we're polite!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🤣🤣🤣 I'll put in a word for South Carolina after I become Danish.

      Delete
  5. I', in WA state and would love it if CA, OR and WA all joined Denmark!! Even at 81 I'd be glad to study the language! JanF

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like there's suddenly going to be a surge in online study courses for learning the Danish language.

      Delete
  6. What a nice video from the trainer!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Made me feel all the feelings. Not easy for my hard-hearted self to do.

      Delete
  7. It does sound like he might miss you.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That was so cute. I think he does miss you and you probably miss him too. I understand the motivation part. I need that too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've thought about popping into the studio a time or two to say hey, but have yet to do so. I'll get around to it, just like I'll get around to working out on the home equipment ...... eventually, LOL.

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Can't be soon enough, and take his goons with him.

      Delete