Sunday, January 25, 2026

What’s Up With This?

On Friday, Management posted a document to my door indicating "Your Monthly Rent shall be increased an amount of $0.00".

Not to look a gift horse in the mouth but what’s up with that?

Inasmuch as I saw the same document posted to Next Door Neighbor’s door, I’m assuming it’s across the board — everyone’s rent is raised $0.00, even those on the County.

Reading further down, I’m thinking someone in the office has made a monumental goof, because the entire document indicates $0.00, including parking and current rent with a total monthly due of $0.00.

So now I’m waiting for the other shoe to drop when management returns to the office tomorrow, realize that, according to this document, rent due on February 1 is $0.00.

To top it off, they’re once again pushing Rent Café, and this time they mean it.

"As of March 1 rent payments will no longer be accepted in person at this office. Tenants are required to authorize payment methods moving forward through either Rent Café, WIPS and Flex Pay."

I don’t know what WIPS and Flex Pay are, but I’m sure they’re methods of payment that are going to confuse the masses.

A meeting is scheduled for Kesha Tuesday, February 3 "to provide additional information or assistance with this change".

That’s one way for Kesha to get folks down on a Tuesday, LOL.

I myself will definitely go down for the potato chips and tea.



26 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Once they figure out what went wrong with this document, I'd be very surprised if we don't end up with a hike.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. The creator should have put Donald Two Doll's face on the baby.

      Delete
  3. Wow, hard to believe Management is that stupid. If anything the CA laws about rent payment have been strengthened. In 2025 "A landlord cannot force a tenant to pay only via an online portal or electronic funds transfer. " Bet the Attorney General of CA Rob Bonta would be interested in this illegal activity.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pointed that regulation out to them last time. On Tuesday, I'll find out what WIPS and Flex Pay are. Maybe one of the two is not electronic, which gives management a workaround the regulation.

      Delete
  4. Oh, that mismanagement company! The baby gets me every time, except he’s much too cute. I wonder what Drumpf looked like back then. The evil must have shone through.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They threw away the baby kept the afterbirth which is him.

      Delete
  5. The meme made me laugh out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't think legally they can force Electronic Payments either.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well that is a colossal error! Can't wait to hear Kecia's explanations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually, it would be the Manager's error. She's back from extended sick leave. It could have been her Assistant's error, but only Manager's name is on the document as having come from her. So, she might try but can't really blame anyone else, not even Kesha by setting meeting during Kesha's time.

      Delete
  8. I'd go to the office and pay my $0.00 rent in cash!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is going to be a good one for sure! JanF

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like someone is asleep at the keyboard for that kind of mistake. Can you get a refund of your past rent if it dropped to zero? Surely they've got to start charging for the potato chips! Linda in Kansas

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 🤔 Hmmmm but unfortunately $0.00 is beginning March 1; otherwise, would have been worth a try, LOL.

      Delete
  11. We have one way to pay our rent now, through the portal online. They won't accept any other way. That sounds like they messed up big time. I wonder what they'll say now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Everyone I ran into today, talked about the snafu is laughing.

      Delete
  12. Jeebus, never a dull moment where you live, eh? Perhaps the $0.00 rent hike is for Management to supply Bingo days and snacks?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping that, after management figures out where they went wrong by not accurately filling in the other areas, that the $0.00 increase is actually real.

      Delete