Friday, February 3, 2017

Nice While it Lasted

After a few days of perfect weather, it is once again raining here in the Inland Empire. Not a heavy rain, just enough to create a wet sloppy goopy mess on the ground and a gloomy day.

The sunny warm weather was nice while it lasted and the day I headed to the spa was so nice for a drive that, after my appointment, I drove around hitting up PokéStops in the Rancho Cucamonga area, even caught a new Pokémon after a long dry spell of nothing new.

I’d expected an awkward moment when the woman who usually does my pedicures saw me with a different nail tech. My expectation of awkwardness greatly heightened when I was seated in a chair right next to her station. But it wasn’t awkward at all. She was busy with back-to-back clients and probably figured I couldn’t book her.

Inasmuch as I was seated next to her station, I watched for signs of her clients hurting by her being distracted, but no one yelled “ouch” and she seemed back to her old self.

Removing the gel from my nails was an arduous process involving a drill file, long soak in cotton with acetone, fingers wrapped in foil, and a gel remover scraper. Way too much trouble, so I’ll likely not go gel again, but I was happy with the girl who did both my manicure and pedicure.

Not expecting my nice new color to last long because of the needlepoint project, I set the project aside remainder of the day but, inasmuch as I promptly messed up the paint job by breaking a nail bringing in groceries the next morning, I’m back to needlepoint.

Around the complex … my new neighbor is back from wherever. She was gone a nice long time and, inasmuch as I’ve not been out that much, we haven’t run into each other but, since she seemingly looks for me to chat me up, I'll look first, to make sure the coast is clear, before stepping outside.

The February Activity Calendar indicates bingo is 4:00 today. That’s Judge Judy time for me and, since the prizes lately haven’t been anything interesting enough to draw me in, I’ve no interest in heading down to the Community Room.

What does look interesting is the February 10th Sweetheart Brunch Potluck. I’ll have to think of something to contribute. Maybe it’s time to break out deviled eggs again – the one thing I seem to be good at. It will give me an opportunity to try out a new tool picked up a few months ago that supposedly will cut my kitchen work in half.


Deviled Egg Maker

But we’ll see. Depends on how many others sign up and what they sign up to bring.

Elsewhere on the February Activity Calendar, I see Pizza Tuesday.

That’s new.

Evidently Pizza Hut will be providing “donations to the seniors every Tuesday”.

THAT should get folks stampeding down to the Community Room. Not me, however, since I don’t eat cheese. Can’t even stand the smell.

Next Resident/Management Meeting is on the 21st. I have no issues but, if it’s not raining, I’ll head down just to listen in.

4 comments:

  1. Yep, just a light drizzle here. Enough to screw up my cleaned windows. Like you said, the mini heat wave was nice while it lasted. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to hear from you. Hope you're feeling better. I miss your regular posts, you're always so insightful, but I understand that you have to take care of you.

      Delete
  2. Poured here on Friday. Our part of town got about 2 inches in a little over an hour. We sit on high ground so pretty much okay at our house, but nearby streets were flooded and people stranded.

    Your deviled egg dispenser reminds me of the dispenser I use to fill communion cups at church. No need for a fancy swirl on top, but the device works in a similar manner. I'm prepping communion on Sunday so maybe I'll take a picture and do a blog post on this new job of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This wacky weather seems to be going from location to location, giving everyone a taste in one way or another. Looking forward to that post. Hopefully my new tool works well because deviled eggs it's going to be.

      Delete