Saturday, September 24, 2016

Right on Cue

Knowing I was to be out-of-the-area tomorrow morning, and plan to combine that errand with locating new and different Pokémon, I headed to the University bright and early this morning to load up on PokéBalls before triple digit heat set in.

We are creatures of habit because, driving out of the parking lot at my usual little after 9:00, right on cue I spotted the Archeologists’ car parked in her husband’s faculty spot and, leaving campus, saw her walking with her cute little daughter and snotty son.

At some point, I’m going to stop avoiding her because I sense a sadness about her.

On the surface, she seems to have it all – education, husband, children, home, friends, money but, and I don’t know if this will make sense, but I sometimes sense what is going on with people at a deeper level, and she comes across as nervous, sad, insecure ... a little frightened even.

Because her daughter is so sweet and her son pompous, arrogant, I’m thinking he’s emulating his dad. That his dad may be transmitting women are lesser beings in the home -- which may account for the son looking down his nose at me when we were introduced, and may also account for the nervous, sad, insecureness I sense in the Archeologist, and maybe even dad is mean, controlling -- which would account for her seeming frightened.

So at some point, I’m going to avoid avoiding her and transmit some of my positive uplifting energy, but it will have to wait until I’m feeling patient and emotionally strong enough to give it.

I’d only managed 40 minutes of walking this morning, but logged in 1.59 miles at quite a nice pace of 26.02.

I’m getting faster.

This back to every day walking is loosening up my joints, and though I’m not losing any weight or inches, instead of previously feeling heavy and slow, I now feel leaner, lighter, which may account for the faster pace.

Perhaps weight loss and inches down are on their way.

Remainder of today is back to that needlepoint project and catching up on recorded TV programs.

I finally got through MasterChef, saw Shaun crowned winner. Caught up on BBC America’s Luther, saw DCI John Luther exonerated as his two nemeses got what they deserved from a crazed gunman; and, by end of today, I should find out if police detective Karl Roebuck gets his son back from yet another crazed criminal, then it’s on to the Great British Baking Show.

1 comment:

  1. It's hard for me to be around abjectly depressed people. I am not sure why; I think it's more a profound sense of 'I want to help but can't', rather than 'it might rub off on me.' So sad.

    After spending a few hours with my DVR yesterday afternoon, I'm down to only HGTV shows and Say Yes to The Dress left. Lots of that, though. It's my new guilty-pleasure show when there is nothing else to watch DVR friend. ;) I really need to slog through the 2nd half of Outlander's book 4. It's bogged down my reading (I never read two books at one time.)

    Have a beautiful Sunday. Gonna be a hot one!

    ReplyDelete