Thursday, April 28, 2016

Arts and Crafts Part 2

Checking into the Community Room this morning, I learned Arts and Crafts: Personalized Mug has been rescheduled for tomorrow morning.

This is the class scheduled for last Friday, by the new Activity Director -- the class that didn’t materialize because Nurse Ratched closed the office and locked up the Community Room.

I also learned this morning that Apache took a photo of the “closed” signs and forwarded them to Corporate, and other agencies involved in the welfare of seniors, reporting that residents were given no notice of the closure and had an event scheduled that day.

Nurse Ratched has been reported before – many times, with no consequences; so doubting there’d be anything different this time, I just chalked it up as par for the course and had pretty much decided to drop out when and if the class was rescheduled.

However, I do enjoy crafting and have decided to once again pull myself together first thing tomorrow, so I can make the 9:00 activity. Hopefully Nurse Ratched is satisfied with having proved her point to the new Activity Director– that she is in control, and won’t be shutting us out tomorrow morning as well.

Before leaving the Community Room to head back to my unit, I was asked if Termite Control had shown up on Wednesday, as Nurse Ratched stated in last week’s Resident’s/Management meeting they would, with the temporary fix of injecting whatever it is they inject into the walls.

That would be “no”, they did not show up. However, I went on to say, it’s no longer of concern to me as I’ve solved my own problem … discouraged the termites from dropping into my unit by saturating the entry areas with product.

I wondered out loud what the other residents being plagued by termites are doing. No one knows who those residents are but all said it can’t be good that termites are in the wood … gnawing and chewing away at the foundation, and they all pretty much said what was said in Dkzody's comment that tenting would be required, not injection.

Inasmuch as I’ve concluded this complex has morphed into a money making enterprise, the goal of which is to take in as much money as you can, put out as little as you can in expenditures, I’d be very surprised if the long-term solution of tenting comes into play.

However, taking into consideration the temperament of Nurse Ratched -- and how it is she likes to punish, retaliate, there is a faint possibility she might think tenting would inconvenience us all and discourage future complaints.

There are twelve units in this building – four on my side, four on the front side, four on the back side. On my side there are 1-1/2 vacancies – the downstairs unit underneath my next door neighbor and the unit underneath me … the one with the neighbor boxed up and halfway out but still there. All four units on the front are occupied. There are some vacancies on the back side, but I don’t know how many.

At any rate, I don’t know what everyone else will do in the event of tenting, but I find myself already visualizing where I’d like to go for however long I’m locked out.

I’m leaning towards a hotel in downtown Long Beach, near the beach and Rainbow Lagoon area -- where there’s nice places to walk, sights to see and my favorite Mexican restaurant … SuperMex. On the other hand, it depends on how well I like the Venice Beach area, where I’m scheduled for meditation retreat May 13-15.

The best possible outcome, if tenting is utilized, would be tenting May 13-15 when I’m already out of town.

3 comments:

  1. One of my blogging buddies in San Diego lives in a large condo complex where they too are dealing with termites. You might like to read her post about the tenting and moving. http://urban-archology.blogspot.com/2016/04/really-interesting.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That WAS interesting. Here I am thinking 12 units would be a problem when they have 400 people involved. Of course, there are five other units in the complex with the same problem, so they just may have to tent the whole place here as well. Thanks again.

      Delete