Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Happy Trails Mr. Postman

He’s gone!

Retired!

As of almost two weeks ago. In fact, his last day on the job looks to have been the day I almost got busted at the UPS Store checking on a way to work around him for deliveries. Since then, I'd caught a glimpse of mail being distributed by a young female, which I thought was his vacation replacement and, since I've not been out much, didn't realize he'd not returned.

Funny thing about his retiring is, when he all-of-a-sudden began falling down on the job, performing so poorly and adopting a pompous arrogant attitude about it, the thought did occur to me it might be time for him to hang up his mailbag and retire.

Now that’s come to fruition, I’m thinking it may account for WHY he’d all of a sudden begun falling down on the job, performing so poorly. It must have been because, having already decided to retire, he either no longer cared about the job or his mind was elsewhere – preoccupied with planning his next move, counting down the months, then days.

He wasn’t the kind of guy on friendly terms with his customers – at least not at this location. Not the kind of mailman you’ve give a birthday card, a gift card at Christmas, a retirement hug, so I don’t think he’ll be remembered or missed.

I once again feel comfortable that online orders will reach me. However, I’ve since learned of something called “toffee”.



It's a service provided by Amazon where, at no extra cost, I can have deliveries sent to a  locker. There just happens to be one near my dentist and the Souplantation I frequent.

Good to know and WHY didn’t I know about this before?

Oddly enough, nothing ordered through Amazon was ever misdirected but, now that I know of this option, I will take the extra added precaution in future of only ordering through Amazon.

Didn’t make it to the craft store yesterday, but did make it to the market – which is where I learned from someone about the mailman’s retirement. Just before leaving for the market, I checked my make-up in the mirror and noticed I wasn’t wearing my hoop earrings.

I'm one of those prissy females who feels naked without perfume, earrings and have been known to turnaround, go back home, rectify the situation when suddenly realizing I’d forgotten either of the two while already out and about. At any rate, seeing in the mirror I was without the earrings, I looked for them on the earring tree.

Not there.

Sometimes I remove them late at night -- while sitting on the couch, and end up leaving them on the counter or table in the living room.

Checked both locations … not there.

So after running around the unit, wondering where I’d left the earrings, I put my hands to my ears … and there they were.

Whaaaaat?!

I swear they weren’t there when I looked in the mirror, so they either mysteriously reappeared or it’s time for new glasses.

I'm going with a need for new glasses.

No comments:

Post a Comment