Monday, June 4, 2018

Busted!

I didn’t even know I was doing anything wrong, until I opened today’s mail and found not one, but two Notices of Toll Evasion.
My first thought was this must be a mistake. I don’t know nothing about being on a Toll Road.
Double checking the license plate traced to me was when I realized I didn’t know the license number on the new Jeep. Not finding that info on any of the records I had upstairs, I had to go down to the parking area to double check.
Yep, it was my car doing the so-called evading.
Seeing the violation occurred in Irvine, location of the Great Donut Run, I could only deduce the GPS sent me via a road I should not have been on, and it directed me to that road both going and coming, thus two violations.
Inasmuch as I would have noticed a Toll Booth, pulled in and paid, I’m thinking this is some kind of a traffic trap, but inasmuch as $230 in penalties is being waived because “Our records show that this is the first time you drove on The Toll Roads without paying”, I’ll just pay and be done with it. Especially since it’s only $6.53 x 2 today, but will go up to $206.53 x 2 on 6/27.
Nice little racket they have going on in Irvine.
I don’t drive out-of-the-area all that much, but it might be a good idea to look into a FasTrak, just to be on the safe side.

4 comments:

  1. That's sneaky. How can you not know you are on a toll road? They apparently need a lot more signs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thinking back on it Mike, I kinda do remember seeing signs saying something about Toll being closed but, not a traveler, I had no idea that meant I was on a Toll Road as there's usually a booth and someone collecting money. Live and learn.

      Delete
  2. I am assuming that FasTrak is like our east coast EZPass. You can put a "thingy" on your windsheild and every time you go through the tolls you don't pay, just drive through and the monies are deducted from the account you tie it to. We have a ton of tolls roads to get in and out of the city and all around. We are raped here. Yep, I'd pay it too over the 206.53 and get donuts somewhere else? Those are expensive donuts Boots! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Margaret. It's the same as EZPass and looks like another money grab, but I'd rather pay for the FasTrak than risk another violation. And LOL, I didn't drive all that way for donuts, it was for a 5K entitled The Great Donut Run that was so much fun I'll probably drive that way again this time next year.

      Delete