Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Rain and Regulators

Waking up this morning to a cold and rainy day, I wanted to do nothing more than laze around all day, warm and comfortable in my onesie PJ’s. 
Instead, I had to be up, fed and dressed before 9:00 in case the regulators (government inspectors) arrived on-the-dot and my unit is one chosen to be inspected.
No one in sight by 10:30, I headed down to the Community Room to see what folks were up to this also Pizza Tuesday.
What they were up to was Apache calling Animal Control for like the 100th time on the pit bull. Not satisfied that Corporate is supposedly following a legal path, he’s not going to be satisfied until, either the pit bull’s owner or Animal Control, issue a Cease and Desist against him.
And I told him so.
Church Lady was all up in arms because, inasmuch as she wears the same shade of lipstick that appeared on Shadow’s birthday card, The Seer had approached and accused her of being the culprit.
I happen to know that The Seer has identified the guilty party. The guilty party did not exactly admit it but, when confronted, began to stammer and “What what, well, well”, which is as good as an admission.
And, yes, it was who I thought it was – Loosey Goosey.
I think the lip print is hilarious, told The Seer she shouldn’t have taken it so seriously, and definitely I didn’t want to hear Church Lady babbling on about it, so I played stupid – “If she said such a thing to you, she must have been joking”.
“Oh no, she wasn’t joking”.
“Well, whatever. Sounds like she was joking” and I moved to another table.
Along about 11:15, when we in the Community Room were watching a car chase on the news, I heard someone say, “There they (the regulators) go”, turned around and saw Community Manager heading out with a short heavy-set guy and three young ladies.
This new regulator, though rather plump, looked to be in much better shape than the previous guy. He moved quick and fast on his little legs, healthy enough to head up/down stairs, no problem, and his aura was that of being mean, serious as a heart attack.
Of the three young ladies, some were already making notes on a legal pad. Others were typing into some sort of contraption hanging around their neck. The same sort of contraption the guy had hanging around his neck.


A notice was posted to our doors yesterday that indicated the re-inspection would no longer be one day, 9:00 to 4:00, but two days, 9:00 to 4:00. Consequently, I’ve no idea what the plan is. Are they doing units today and garages tomorrow, or some units today, others tomorrow?
Either way, looks like there will be no relaxing in those onesies again tomorrow.
When I saw the group, they were headed to the opposite side of the complex, away from my side. Having seen no one on my side by 3:00, I was beginning to think maybe the plan was to do that side of the complex today, my side tomorrow. But then, along about 3:30, I saw them beneath my patio, then heard them coming up the stairs.
Even though these inspections are supposedly “random” somehow management always lead them to next door neighbor’s unit. Probably because her unit is so beautifully decorated – looks like a museum with every space, every nook and cranny, including the walls, filled with beautiful tasteful items.
And so it was today. Instead of my door, they knocked on neighbor’s door yet again.
Fine by me, but so much for random.
They were only inside for less than five minutes, came out, stood outside for bit – making notes, the guy inputting something in the thingy around his neck.


Then the group headed towards the office, finished for today. After which, I promptly changed into my onesie PJ’s.

No comments:

Post a Comment