Sunday, May 27, 2018

One Down, One to Go

Headed out early yesterday morning to complete the first of the two Virtual 5Ks on my to-do list. The plan was to do the 3.12 miles around a local mall, well before it opened and the weekend crowds arrived.
I chose this particular mall because I’d been charged by one of the boutiques for an online item I’d not received. Upon disputing the charge, I learned the item was in the boutique, waiting for me to pick up and had been for weeks.
Nice, I never received notification the item had arrived.
At any rate, after suiting up, switching fanny packs, grabbing a water bottle, off I go. Passing a church I know to be a Poke Stop, I pulled over, spinned for Poké Balls, caught a new creature, then drove another mile up the road to the Military Museum next to the McDonald’s Museum, were I knew I could spin for more balls.
That was when I looked down and saw one of the flaps on the fanny pack was open – the flap that holds ID, credit cards, driver's license, proof of insurance.
I knew right away I'd missed a pocket when transferring from one fanny pack to another.
Recalculating .........…
Not willing to head to an area soon to become busy without ID, license and insurance info, I immediately turned around and reworked my plan for the day -- headed back to the complex, stopped by the market and, it getting too late to head back to the mall in time to beat the crowds, completed the 3.12 miles on the indoor bike.
Not as much time, energy or calories burned in peddling 3.12 miles, as in walking 3.12 miles but, in a virtual, biking counts; plus, I expended more energy than had I stayed on the couch




Later in the afternoon, I got to enjoy the film Black Panther in the peaceful quiet atmosphere of my unit.
A fun movie, I could watch it again.
Stan Lee made his usual cameo, Martin Freeman -- who plays Watson to that delicious Benedict Cumberbatch in Sherlock Holmes, had a role as one of two token white people in the all-black film. And my girl Michonne had a prominent role as General of the King’s Army. 
Fun and entertaining as the movie was, it didn’t stop me from crying at the end -- over the fate of Killmonger no less.  He was a bad guy for real, but still I wimped out during that scene on the mountain.
Made me glad those two ladies had driven me to walk out on movie night. I don’t like others to see me cry, plus there were scenes that made me react out loud – laugh, yell, curse, which would have required considerable control to keep in had I been in a room full of others.
No feedback on how my walking out on movie night was perceived. I seriously doubt those two ignorant witches had a clue, or even cared if they did have a clue, that their chitchatting was disturbing to those of us trying to watch the film. I did hear, however, that shortly after I left, one of them left as well. Hopefully it WAS because I’d made a scene and the continuing to chitchat uncomfortable for her.
On tap for today is heading back to that mall, with a stop by those two PokeStops on the way. I can hear Dkzody now, saying I’m crazy to go to the mall on a busy day like this, but I want to pick up that package and I might get lucky that folks are still in church by the time I get to the mall and it won’t be so packed.

No comments:

Post a Comment