Monday, April 23, 2018

Under Cover of Darkness

Shadow spotted a resident trying to get her garage in order late last night.
Knowing she’s got far too much stuff in her garage and is about to be found out, so desperate was she that she was calling people down, giving furniture away.
Today, headed out, I spotted three others attempting to get rid of stuff in their garages. There were trucks and people helping, probably family members. One old rickety truck was piled high -- stuff tied down with ropes, looking like the opening scene of Beverly Hillbillies, minus granny tied to the top.
I seriously doubt they’ll get very far without being pulled over by the police for the precarious load.
Community Manager, expected to be back in her office this morning, was not. We’re now told she will return on the 1st – the day of the re-inspection.
If that’s the case, and there now being no Corporate Boss Lady, then who is going to conduct tomorrow’s garage inspections?
At any rate, tomorrow is setting up to be a very interesting and enlightening day around here.
Tomorrow is also the regular Pizza Tuesday, plus The Seer has arranged for a surprise birthday party for Shadow and roped me in asking me to make deviled eggs.
Nope.
Not up to it, said I, but offered to bring ice cream to go with the cake.
Someone already agreed to ice cream.
How about sodas, said I.
Someone already bringing sodas.
Willing to join in, but not willing to cook, I came up with “How about I order fried chicken”.
BINGO!
It didn’t occur to me until later, I probably could have gotten away with a Starbucks Traveler. 
But chicken it is, and believe it or not, the chicken is costing less than the Starbucks.
Hopefully someone will bring salad to round it out.
I, of course, can’t eat the cake, iced cream, chicken or salad. I’ll  make some healthy "fried" chicken -- bread chicken tenders with almond meal flour, bake in the oven, make a cabbage/avocado slaw so I can keep my gut pain free.
I thought Apache’s birthday would be big around here, but looks like it’s going to be Shadow’s because, unless one of Apache’s other friends arranges for a party, like The Seer is doing for Shadow, it’ll just be me giving him the gift I ordered.

No comments:

Post a Comment