Tuesday, March 13, 2018

Skinny Toes and the Dead Guy

While bent over rummaging through the needlepoint kit yesterday, my eyes landed on an item on the floor.


It was my toe ring!
How’d that slip off, thought I.
Slipping it back on, I noticed it no longer had a snug fit and was likely to slip off yet again.
Either the toe ring is getting bigger or my toe is getting skinny, thought I.
Heading down to the scale in the Community Room to see what was up, I was surprised but pleased to learn I’m down an additional 6 pounds for a total of 27.
Residents had been commenting “You’ve lost a lot of weight”.
I didn’t see it because I’m still top heavy and thick around the waist. I did, however, notice how much thinner my face is and now, with toe rings slipping off, evidently my toes are getting skinny. Hopefully the areas between my face and toes will be next to whittle down. 
While downstairs, I ran into Handsome Guy. He was not happy.
The Government Inspector had a problem with Handsome Guy's Dish equipment being attached to his patio rail. Consequently, management issued Handsome Guy a 3-Day Violation Notice.
Handsome Guy is proud, much like Assistant Maintenance Guy was, and is much offended at a 3-Day Notice, saying “Management knew I had Dish when I moved in” and “Nothing has ever been said about it being mounted to the rail”.
Thing is … it’s in the lease agreement that we are not to attach anything to the rails, that Dish is to be on a tripod thingie and, further, insurance is required if one has a Dish.
I’m sure all this was explained to Handsome Guy in detail during the lease signing because management painstakingly goes through the lease page-by-page and has us initial each and every specific rule/regulation as proof we’ve been advised and understand.
But he’s a guy. I doubt he paid attention to what was being explained, just signed and initialed as directed.
I’ve not yet heard how Handsome Guy is going to resolve the issue – his options are to obtain insurance and relocate the Dish equipment to a tripod within 3-Days, get rid of Dish and go to regular Cable -- that doesn't  require insurance, or throw a hissy fit like Assistant Maintenance Guy and leave.
We’ll see.
Also, while downstairs, I ran into Apache who introduced me to his deceased neighbor’s brother – here to clear out his brother’s unit.
It was said that the Dead Guy lived here 20 years.
Twenty years and I don’t ever remember seeing him, though he wasn’t always a double amputee (both legs) and when he became an amputee still managed to get out and about by use of a mobilized chair.
His missing caretaker is still missing. The brother hasn’t been able to contact and question her, the previous caretaker has gotten involved and she too has been unable to contact and question her replacement.
Very suspicious that.
Also suspicious is the brother being told he can remove nothing from the unit because it has already been rented.
Brother was cool about it, he doesn’t want anything and said management would be giving him some monies, but I don’t get how management gets to keep all the furnishings – including a big screen TV Apache had asked the brother if he could have; the brother said yes, but management said no, it stays with the unit, that the woman moving in literally has nothing, and can use everything that’s in it.
I’m guessing that means it’s another person sent over by the County which, since brother doesn’t care, at least the furnishings are going to where it’s desperately needed.
I hope management at least cleans the place, paints, puts in new carpet, but who knows.
It all makes me wonder about what happens to my furnishings when I die. I wouldn’t mind if what I left behind when to where it was needed, but I’d like relatives to have the option to come in, take what they can use, sell what’s worth something and, if there’s anything left over, management can have at it.
I’m going to approach the subject when my lease comes up for renewal and may even have a paralegal develop some sort of stipulation to attach to the lease to prevent management from doing to my cold dead body what they’re doing to Apache’s dead neighbor.

No comments:

Post a Comment