Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Valentine Dance

It wouldn’t be me if I didn’t first post my annual anti-valentine gif ….


That sentiment out of the way, I woke up tired, draggy and in no mood to attend this afternoon’s dance.
For some reason I wasn’t sleepy until after midnight and, when I did make it to bed, I couldn’t sleep because the downstairs neighbor – Little Miss Looney Tunes, was snoring so loud that I couldn’t drown it out.
At some point, I did finally fall asleep but waking up tired and draggy told me I didn’t get enough rest.
At any rate, it was touch and go as to whether I’d make it downstairs at 4:00 or take a nap.
Thinking fresh air would bring me back to life, I took a drive to the Amazon Locker to pick up a package and stopped by the market on the way back.
Fresh air didn't help, nor did the fact I ran into two of the neighbors that live in units across the quad, who made me aware of mixed messages concerning the afternoon event.
“Are you ladies going to the Valentine Dance this afternoon?” asked I.
“Dance? C___ (Apache) said it’s a BBQ.”
“Well, that’s confusing. Now I don’t know if I should dress up or go casual”.
I’d planned on a skirt, even picked up a pair of stockings, and had done my nails twice because the basecoat used the first time was too thick and clunky -- made the color and top coat look awful. 
Four o’clock came and went with me too tired to go in the first place, the mixed message as to dressy dance or casual BBQ in the second place, but finally pulled myself together to go down for a few minutes, take a few photos and scram.
I went casual with my usual black leggings, boots, fanny pack and threw on a blazer, just in case.
Wasn’t much dancing – some, but not a lot, but the event was a success.
BBQ turned out to be hotdogs grilled in the kitchen, chips, chili, cornbread, cake and residents turned out in force, all dressed casual except for one snappy dresser.
There wasn’t an empty table, and everyone looked to be having a great time. I ended up staying to the end and returned with 75 photos to weed through for posting to the resident’s facebook page.
Hope I get a good night’s sleep tonight, because tomorrow is the Residents/Management meeting and this one is not to be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment