Friday, February 9, 2018

Grounded

I never did make it to the dealership to look at cars on Wednesday because, shortly after breakfast, a gut episode came out of nowhere and grounded me.
I couldn’t trace it to anything I’d eaten that morning, so I took getting sick as either a sign from the Universe to not yet on a new car or a reminder of how I’m going to suffer if I eat biscuits and gravy at tomorrow’s Community Breakfast.
Problem with that is … if I’m already suffering, I might as well go for the biscuits and gravy.
At any rate, car shopping is on hold until I’m back to full capacity because, as of right now, I can’t focus and can only handle short nearby jaunts -- like to the market, craft store, Walmart and, this morning, to Starbucks to put in an order for a Traveler for tomorrow’s breakfast.
I had planned for a manicure/pedicure on Sunday because it’s time. My nails look awful from needlepoint and housework without gloves.
Progress May 2017 - February 2018

But the nail salon is on hold as well. I’ll just slap on some fresh polish to get me through to whenever I can make it to the spa, because the Valentine’s Dance is this coming Tuesday and I can’t walk around taking photos with ugly hands.
What to wear is on my mind.
I should have ordered that red tank top I saw last month when it crossed my mind February was coming. One part of my brain was telling me, “Order it, because you might need something red to wear”. The other part of my brain said, “No. You don’t need it. You have your red leggings”.
Had it been another potluck, I could have gotten away with my usual uniform – black tank top, hoodie wrapped around my waist, and switched my black or camo leggings for red, but it’s a dance and folks around here dress to the nines for that kind of social event. They break out their pearls, fake diamonds, fanciest dresses and my buddy Apache gets all GQ suited up.
I’m more the casual type, even when fancy dress is order of the day, but I upgrade my usual look with a blazer, fancy belt and boots. Had I ordered that red tank, my upgraded streetwear would have looked every bit the occasion in a laid back kind of way.
Now?
Who knows. 
I’ll have to rummage through the closet and see what I can come up with.
Speaking of what to wear, it was just last night’s episode of Project Runway, where the all-star designers were tasked with creating a look that was young hip Hollywood for Betty Boop. As soon as I saw the streetwear direction Joshua was going in, I pegged him for the win.


Wouldn’t you know that, checking email this morning, up popped Joshua's Collection at Torrid.
Eerie how the internet knows me better than friends and family.
At any rate, the promo of Betty talking is really cute and one look displayed was so totally my daily uniform that I was ready to order.

Except, the “cold shoulder” and deep cutout in the back makes it impossible to wear for us girls who must wear a bra.
The I Heart Betty doesn’t thrill me. It’s cute, but last thing I need is another regular tee shirt with just a different design that, from the look of the fit on the model, I’d have to cut and pimp to be more form fitting.
But I don’t know about the cold shoulder tee. It’s really calling my name -- plus I just happen to have a pair of shredded leggings and a red hoodie, so I may spring for the top and worry about how to make it work for my body type later.

No comments:

Post a Comment