Thursday, December 14, 2017

Third Time’s the Charm




I’m glad that’s over.
After three tries at building a gingerbread café, over two days, I can finally stop obsessing and get on with my life.
Will I ever make another?
Absolutely. I’m looking forward to what kind of café Starbucks offers next year.
It frustrated me at first that I couldn’t get the hang of it, but the first and second build were good practice for what turned out to be a nice third build.
The winds returned to this area with gusto this morning. Even my Pokémon Go app is issuing a warning.


Not to worry, I’ll be staying indoors, keeping an eye out that patio decorations don’t go flying off.
I will step outside later this afternoon to attend the Residents/Management meeting. Can’t imagine anything important is on the agenda, but I’ll pop in and sit near the exit door, so I can escape if it gets boring.
Next Tuesday is our Holiday Party, hosted by management. Probably nothing I can eat, but I’ll go down for a little while.
BTW, I didn’t tell you I’ve lost 20 ½ pounds in like a three-month period.
I kept wondering how it was that, because there’s so much I can’t eat now, and I’m literally forced into clean healthy eating because of gut issues, that I’d not lost a pound. Then one day I noticed my leggings looked a little loose in the caboose, took some measurements and saw my inches were slightly down. Weighing myself on the scale in the Game Room, I was slightly down there as well.
After so many failed attempts to lose weight, because of a slow metabolism when I was desperately trying, I was afraid to trust I was actually losing weight without trying, so I stayed away from the scale, until feeling thinner, looking thinner, I jumped on the scale this last Tuesday and found I’m down 20-1/2 pounds.
That’s a lot of weight for me, in a relatively short period of time, so I’m wondering if that’s why I’ve been so overly tired and dizzy lately -- the body adjusting to sudden weight loss. On the other hand, proponents of the grain-free lifestyle, which I’ve been following as a way to manage my gut issues, do say “lose the wheat, lose the weight” -- (i.e., once the wheat is out of your system, weight loss is a natural occurrence).
I’d been losing the wheat since 2015, receiving no weight loss, but with fewer and fewer gut issues. Then all of a sudden BAM! … 20-1/2 pounds gone. It’s taken all this time for my body to get over whatever damage I’d done to it in the past, and begin to regulate itself.

2 comments:

  1. Take care that you don't continue to lose weight so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know. But unable to eat the fattening foods I use to enjoy, weight loss is going to happen ... at its own pace.

      Delete