Sunday, December 3, 2017

Rolling the Dice

Just call me The Bounce Back Kid, because I was up and about, fully recovered from the gut episode and hacking cough by this morning.
Even though I have no faith in the drug dealing medical profession, preferring holistic methods instead, I did contact the doctor’s office. After an over-the-phone evaluation, it was determined I was having an “Influenza Confrontation”, which sounded very much to me like a fancy name for the flu, even though I’d had the flu shot.
Advised that “because of your age”, I needed to be seen immediately, but unable to get an appointment in the doctor’s office until December 21, I was further advised to walk into Urgent Care.
That seemed an awful waste of time and energy. Like what could they do about the flu except suggest what I was already doing -- bed rest and plenty of liquids.
I decided to roll the dice, listen to my inner physician instead -- which was leading me to more pau d’arco healing tea, and take my chances I would bounce back.
With the gut episode now over and only an occasional cough, on Saturday I made my way to the scrapbook store for paper and ideas for the Thanksgiving photo layout.
Staff was dressed as cute little elves.


So fun! I love Christmas -- the decorations, mall Santas, random elves.
By Sunday, the cough had completely dissolved. However, inasmuch as I’m still fatigued, with no hopes of participating in any of the 5Ks coming my way, I’ll keep the appointment on the 21st, but I already know what the doctor’s going to say … “Lose weight, take these pills”.
I’ve been resisting taking the cholesterol medication she's been trying to push on me, but I might do so this time just to see if the tiredness and dizzy spells are high cholesterol related.
No word on how the funeral for deceased sister’s youngest son went on Friday, except his sister’s facebook page indicates he chose cremation. 
Looking at the cryptic messages she also posted, I’m not in trouble for not attending the funeral, but her remaining brother, my deceased sister’s eldest is.
He’s taken no interest in his sister, or his now deceased brother, since 1991 -- because both looked to him to care for them after my mom, their grandmother passed away. It was my mom who enabled my sister -- she'd have a baby, drop it off with my mom, mom would accept responsibility. Consequently, thus enabled, sister repeated the process twice more and rather than growing up and taking care of her kids after mom died, she went on with her party life style.
Not wanting to pick up the slack and live my mother's life, eldest son split and made quite a good life for himself – several gold records, his rap group inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.
I can’t fault him for not wanting to be stuck with doing what should have been his mom’s responsibility all along, and though he was not close to his brother or sister, he’s chose to be close to my girls (his cousins) – probably because they don’t weigh him down like his brother and sister would have. And oddly enough, he remained close to his mom until the day she died, seemingly unaware of her years of neglect.
True to form, after sister became old, sick, and her eldest became somewhat famous, she then showed up.
At any rate, my deceased sister’s daughter is now happily married and though she’ll miss the deceased brother, who practically raised her -- and him just a child himself, she's said she’s keeping the urn with his ashes, and hopefully she’ll soon move on and away from desiring a relationship with the elder brother, a relationship he doesn’t want.
Lastly, sick as I was, I made an effort and did attend last week’s Safety Meeting. In attendance were two police officers and a liaison. They were here to present Community Manager with a certificate and plaques designing this complex “Crime Free Program in Force”.
I seriously doubt those plaques are going to keep those with bad intent from jumping over the back fence and coming onto our property, which the officers suggested management raise the height of the fence.
Ha! If they haven’t yet repaired the damage done by the U-Haul to the H Building, I don’t imagine they’ll spend money protecting us by raising the height of the back fence.
Before leaving, the officers were observed in Community Manager’s Office looking at the video of Friday’s pervert. Hopefully, they printed out his photo, from the waist up, and the officer they said would be patrolling our area, as part of that program, will see him out and about and nab his nasty butt.

2 comments:

  1. I've heard of several people this month who were diagnosed with influenza. Evidently the flu shot isn't a good match for the strain that's going around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well that's not good. Next year, when I go in for the flu shot, I'm going to bring that up and ask if they've made any adjustments so won't happen again.

      Delete