Tuesday, December 19, 2017

Challenge Accepted

Passing the Complex Manager’s Office this morning, heading to the scale in the Game Room, I could hear her discussing today’s Holiday Party festivities with the two Maintenance Guys.
She called to me ... “Hey Shirley, you wearing your Ugly Christmas Sweater today?”
“I don’t have any sweaters”.
“Make one. Let me show you what ____ (Head Maintenance Guy) did. He hung ornaments on his sweater.”


“Clever”, said I, “But, it’s kinda late for me to put something together. Besides, I won the Halloween Costume Contest. Let someone else win today.”
I’d planned to wear my red leggings and black top, ala Santa’s red suit and black belt, accessorized with my Christmas socks, and a Christmas tree headband left over from the Gingerbread 5K two years ago, but staff’s ugly sweaters got my mind to thinking about putting something together after all.
My first thought was to print pictures of the Big Orange Guy onto transfer paper, and ironing his face onto my green top, because nothing says ugly more than that Orange Guy in the White House.
Inasmuch as some of his supporters live here, including Apache -- who is the Orange Guy’s No. 1 Fan, and who is becoming less and less fun to be around because of the stupid ignorant things he sometimes says in support of the Orange Guy. At any rate, I decided to keep politics out of the festivities and designed an ugly sweater around a green tee, using the headband I’d initially planned to wear and old Christmas socks.


Took me all of 15 minutes, with baste stitching so I can return the tee to it's original state after.
Can’t wait for Complex Manager to see I accepted her challenge and did indeed make one.

No comments:

Post a Comment