Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Business as Usual

Christmas Day was just as I like it … peaceful, quiet, uneventful.
I spent the whole day, into the night, working on that needlepoint project while watching the marathon farewell season of Peter Capaldi as Dr. Who, leading up to the doctor’s regeneration and return as the first female Dr. Who.
Looking at the comments on Twitter, fans of the show didn’t like seeing a female taking over the role, and it didn’t help that her first action was to push a button on the console on the Tardis, which resulted in chaos onboard, the female Dr. Who being tossed about, then tossed out and the ship speeding through space and time without her.
Which begs me to think what the producers could have been thinking to have the first action of a female Dr. Who to be a screw-up.
It’s almost like they want her to fail.
At any rate, I’ll give her a chance, watch the next season, see how it goes, but Peter Capaldi is going to be a tough act to follow.
Today, day after Christmas, it’s business as usual here at the senior complex. The Community Room will be full of residents awaiting delivery of free pizzas. I’ll pop in for a bit to watch the feeding frenzy, surreptitiously drop those Starbuck gift cards in staff stockings, then head out to run errands.

3 comments:

  1. You went out on the day after Christmas??!! Crazy. I try to stay away from public places on that day, sort of like the day after Thanksgiving. However, I was out, driving the streets and then having coffee with some friends.

    My missionary friend is in town and has the idea of buying a really big house where we could live together and do community activism type work. Maybe...So we went to look at a house that would be perfect for such an idea. That was just the right amount of Day-After-Christmas tasks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Looks like you're considering big changes for 2018. Me ... considering a change not yet ready to put out there yet, and trust me ... I stayed away from shopping areas day after Christmas, stayed off the freeway, and drove little side streets to complete errands.

      Delete
  2. On Wednesday I and my husband ran errands, separately, and we were both surprised at the lack of crowds in the various places. This evening, our kids arrive, and we plan to go out to dinner. We'll see what kinds of crowds we run into then.

    ReplyDelete