Monday, October 23, 2017

Planting Seeds

Today was a good day to get back to work on throw pillow covers, because the Wi-Fi kept cutting out, messing with television viewing and internet browsing. I’d assumed someone was working on the equipment boxes hit by the U-Haul truck, so I turned to the sewing machine.
Following a tutorial found online for an envelope pillow cover, I had one down one to go in no time at all.


Twenty minutes later, the bedroom went from before to after.

Before

After

Actually, I can't believe I lived with those ugly green pillows for five years. They don't look like anything I would have paid money for, so I'm thinking the sales girl threw them in gratis with other purchases from Living Spaces.  I almost threw them away a few weeks ago, but thankfully thought of recovering.

Nothing freshens up the look of a room like new pillow covers.
To that end, next time denim cloth goes on sale, I’ll have to pick up a yard or two to recover the couch’s tired looking throw pillows.
By the time the covers project was finished, the television was back on, but I headed outside anyway to see what was happening with the equipment box.
Saw nothing, but did run into the No. 2 Maintenance Guy.
“Hey, do we still have two Portable A/Cs in your unit?” asks he.
“Yes, of course you do. You know your boy (Head Maintenance Guy, No. 1) is too lazy to have done his job” bashed I.
No. 1’s job being, after taking 19 days to get my A/C back on, and then only because he knew I was trying to contact his boss at corporate. He then thought to punish or inconvenience me by leaving the portables in my unit.
No punishment to me as I used them as nightstands, hoping he’d eventually forget about them altogether, and I could yet bring his surliness and laziness to the attention of corporate when boss lady from corporate did her annual inspection.
I could have lied and replied “no” to No. 2, when he asked if they were still in my unit, but lying is not my thing.
“Well, I’ll have to come and get them” said he.
“You’ll be the one to do it because you seem to be the only one on the crew with any motivation”.
No reaction, but I’m sure I’m not the only one he’s heard bash No. 1. Hopefully No. 2 will relay what I said to No. 1 – not that No. 1 seems to be the type to care what others think. He’s already giving me side eye over forcing him to get the A/C back on through threat of going over the head of the girls in the office and to his big boss at corporate. However, he will have heard what I said, and you never know when the seed of what he heard will sprout, and no matter how strong his ego denial, something will click, he’ll see what a jerk he’s become and grow up.
At any rate, the portables have been sitting here for 34 days. We’ll see how long it takes No. 2 to follow through -- unless No. 1 doesn’t allow him to follow through.

No comments:

Post a Comment