Friday, October 27, 2017

Ebb and Flow

Woke up yesterday morning totally exhausted because why?
How does that happen anyway that my energy ebbs and flows in such dramatic fashion? A few days ago, I was shampooing the carpet, cleaning, dusting then, all of a sudden, I’m tired, dizzy, so weak that I barely have the strength to move from room to room or hold the counted cross stitch needle in my hand.
Inasmuch as I’m an empath, it’s difficult to tell if what I sometimes feel is me or if I’m picking up what someone else in the family is experiencing – as other family members are generally who I pick up.
At any rate, yesterday was about staying indoors, relaxing, recovering from whatever that was.
Still a little weak not quite myself this morning, but better than yesterday, I decided I needed sunshine and instant energy, i.e., Starbucks. I also needed more Pokéballs and Starbucks has two PokéStops on the parking lot. 
Problem is, the stops didn’t go with the new drive-thru location. They’re still at the old location, which is being turned into a T-Mobile."
Killing two birds with one stone, I parked at the old location, gathered balls and walked to the new location, knowing that by the time I walked back to the car at the old location, the Pokéstop would have refreshed and I could hit it up a second time.
Inside Starbucks, waiting for my order to be processed, I spotted a familiar face -- Grumpy Neighbor, the woman upstairs across the quad.
She was wiping the table down, so I walked over and jokingly said, “Are you the cleaning lady?”
She laughed, and then got into a spiel about how “I can’t stand this that and the other” on a table.
I can’t fault her for that. If a table doesn’t look clean enough for me, I’ll choose another or wipe it down but she kept complaining about it. Turning it into a federal case.
Tired of listening, I cut her off by asking, “What are you doing here? I thought you always go to the Library”.
“I do, but today is Friday. Library is closed on Friday. What are you doing here?”
“I needed Pokéballs.”
“You needed what?”
Unless you’re in conversation with someone on the same wavelength, a lot of effort is required. Today was not the day for it. Inside my head was telling me, “I don’t want to work this hard”, so I changed the conversation.
“I like this new location. It’s roomy”, said I.
“I don’t like that the door doesn’t open properly and there’s this long wall of windows with no tables that have plug ins. All the plug-in stations are on that (indicating) wall and those (indicating) tables. Why couldn’t they have blocked off this (indicating) and yada yada yada.”
Tired, weak and suddenly feeling the beginning of a headache coming on, I excused myself saying, “Well nice seeing you. My order is about up”.
Next time I run into her, I’ll hide behind a pillar or something.
On another note, inside Starbucks, I saw a sign for Zombie Frappuccino.


I’ve never had a Frappuccino, don’t know what’s in one, but research says it’s green caramel apple powder, a drizzle of dark mocha powder, pinkish whip crème and can be made with non-fat milk.
Other than the fact it’s 54 grams of sugar, I don’t see anything on my not-safe list, so I may try it before the weekend is over, as it's limited-time only.

1 comment:

  1. I think all those powders are made of chemicals. Perhaps you have a better system for digesting that than I do. I stay far away from food made of chemicals.

    I totally understand about the effort needed to communicate with some people. That's the reason I seldom go to social events in the evening. I no longer have the ability to make small talk when I'm tired.

    ReplyDelete