Thursday, October 19, 2017

Dinner/Dance

After two days of no outside contact, because I was swept up in working on that needlepoint project while watching the Walking Dead Marathon, I headed down to the Community Room this morning to check the bulletin board for what, if any, movie was to play at Friday’s Movie Night.
Found the Community Room blocked off in preparation for the 4:00 Dinner/Dance, and when I peeked through the windows and saw how upscale everything looked, I heard myself say to myself “This is going to be a pretty big deal” and decided to attend.
THEN, switching channels during a commercial, I saw Top Chef was running an All Stars Season, so I put down the needlepoint and switched channels between Walking Dead, Top Chef, promptly forgetting about the dinner/dance until I looked up and realized it was 3:30.
Dressing up a pair of black leggings with my fancy belt, boots and a blazer, I headed down and had a ball.


Oops. My belt is off center

Turns out I can dance after all, but only because the music played was geared to the sixties. My feet and body remembered the steps and, before I knew it, I found myself on the dance floor doing the twist, swim, pony, even the mashed potato. And I wasn’t alone on the dance floor. Most of us old gals remembered what to do when certain songs were played. Even those in wheelchairs moved whatever they could move to the music.
It was a hoot.






Seniors on Canes/Walkers were Assisted


Color me surprised when next door neighbor who, like I’d previously posted, had stayed clear of the general population since being impeached from the Volunteer Activity Committee, walked through the doors. I thought she’d probably just make a plate and leave, but no. She sat down, ate with other residents, even danced. So, I guess she’s finally completely over what happened.
As for dinner, I took my chances on a chicken drumstick covered in some sort of sauce and vegetables cooked in butter, passing on rice, salad greens, macaroni salad, dinner rolls, deserts and fruit – because the fruit I ate at the Bake Sale gave me grief later that night.
Hopefully the chicken and veggies were safe enough to not cause a gut reaction.
Today ended on a high note, which I’m hopeful will carry on through to the 24th with residents wearing costumes to the Halloween Party.
I’m going back and forth between Wonder Woman and Minion.
I was also going back and forth on attending services for that dead Klansman.
Graveside services are closed to all but family/friends tomorrow, followed by Celebration of Life from 2:00 to 7:00.
Though I had every intention of attending the Celebration, just to make a point to his fellow Klansmen and Klan girls that, though they tried to end me emotionally and career wise, that I survived and came out unbloodied, unbowed (not everyone they targeted were as fortunate).
The only reason I was going back and forth was because I knew in my heart that I was being spiteful and, not wanting to create any negative karma for myself, I told myself I was doing it UNLESS the Universe told me otherwise.
Would you believe, after returning to my unit from the dinner/dance, and on a high note, I heard loud and clear “Let the dead past bury its dead”.
Would you also believe I didn’t know where that phrase came from?
After Googling it, I find it’s from Luke 9:60.
So that’s it, I guess. I still kinda want to see those folks, have them see me, but I know better than to test the Universe or go against its directive.

No comments:

Post a Comment