Sunday, August 20, 2017

Pre-Eclipse

Other than cycling 7 miles to qualify for the Game of Throne’s themed Run for 7/Winter is Coming medal, this past weekend was mostly housework, of which I can’t figure out why there’s always so much of it when the unit is small and I’m the only one living in it. Seems I’m always cleaning, washing, scouring, dusting, vacuuming, in addition to adding laundry to this weekend’s to-do list.
Having raised two little girls on my own, while working full time, attending night school, sewing, quilting, dating, partying and keeping a two-bedroom apartment spotlessly clean, I’m befuddled at how it is I’m so overwhelmed at times now that it’s just me, this little unit and no outside commitments.
I’m beginning to see why some of the seniors let things go to a disgusting level. I’m too finicky to let things go, but I can see the day coming when, like some of my neighbors, I have a cleaning service come in.
On the other hand, all the effort in doing it myself has its benefits. Today’s housework netted 64% towards my daily exercise goal.


This being the time of year when Elvis Presley passed (August 16, 1977), Friday’s movie was one of his – Speedway.
With Apache in charge of movie night and soon to have a cornea and two knee replacements, I began thinking his hospitalization might be the end of Movie Night. Consequently, I made time on Saturday to view A Cure for Wellness before passing the DVD on to Apache for Movie Night while there still is a Movie Night.
A Cure wasn’t at all what I was expecting. I can’t say it was a bad movie, but it isn’t a movie I’d view again or recommend to others, so no. Let’s just say I’m glad I viewed before I offered.
My other weekend accomplishment was finally getting around to putting up the new medal hanger I got over a month ago -- not the new medal/bib board I’m planning to make, but a hanger just for medals that I saw online.

One Mile At-A-Time

As for those pictures, lying around since 2012, to be hung in the bedroom, I’ll get around to it.
On tap for tomorrow is the Solar Eclipse.
Some of our residents plan to stay indoors for lack of proper eyewear. The Baker was one of those, until I told her I had glasses for her.
She picked them up this morning.
The Seer is to stop by after church for hers, and Apache said he bought extra for others, so should be fun and interesting; but I have three choices for viewing. I can sit on the patio and view leisurely, I can go down to the pool area and watch it with the folks or I can drive to the college and view it there, where the college is setting up solar telescopes and pinhole projectors on the Library Lawn.
That sounds quite exciting, plus I can hunt Pokémon at the same time.
I don’t know for sure but, inasmuch as the eclipse starts at 9:06, ends at 11:47, I may hit all three viewing locations.

No comments:

Post a Comment