Thursday, August 17, 2017

Eclipse


Got my glasses ready, just in case such a sign is given us next week.
I can remember, in 1991, standing with two coworkers at the 52nd Floor window of the law office skyscraper, looking at that year's eclipse ghetto style -- though pinholes we made in a piece of paper.
It worked, we didn’t go blind, but older and wiser I played it safe this time around.


NASA Approved

Having seen on the news that some glasses were being recalled as unsafe, I made certain the glasses I bought were the real deal. I would have liked to have bought glasses for safe viewing by all residents. However, the approved glasses were too pricey to be purchased in bulk, so I settled for a package of three.
One pair is strictly for me, not to be shared because to do otherwise, in my finicky world, would be gross. I’m thinking The Seer and The Baker for the other two and, if they wish to share and trade off, that’s on them.
I don’t imagine we'll see much from our vantage point but, what we do see should be interesting.

2 comments:

  1. Haha good one! I got glasses too, maybe I will take a quick look.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No intention here of watching. I plan to stay inside during that time period.

    ReplyDelete