Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Load Off My Mind

Yesterday was a good day, starting with finally running across a new Pokémon in the area.


Later, I received official word I won’t have to relocate end of year as a result of that windfall pushing me over the income limit for this complex.
You can't imagine what a load off my mind that is.
Over the weekend, while rearranging and polishing furniture, hanging that photo, washing walls, I'd asked myself, "Why are you doing this when you might not be living here end of year?"
Came to the conclusion that, subconsciously, I was picking up it was going to turn out in my favor, that I’d be grandfathered in.
Sure enough, the staffer that handles recertification yesterday informed me “You have nothing to worry about. You will be recertified”.
My rent will go up, but I’m cool with that.
The official signing of lease paperwork doesn’t happen until late August but, barring unforeseen circumstances, relocating is not in my foreseeable future.
Maybe I’ll celebrate the signing by taking a go at hanging those pictures lying against the bedroom wall since 2012.
Now that’s out of the way, my next quandary is … do I trade in my 2004 Saturn for a new car. I’m thinking Jeep.
I’ve been very happy with the Saturn and voiced many times, “I’m going to keep it until the wheels fall off”, but is that wise considering parts are no longer being manufactured?
The car is in good shape now … new shocks, fairly new tires, only 125,400 miles on the speedometer. And the only body blemish is where the girl at the carwash brushed up against something as she put the car on the rollers.


So, do I wait until the car gives me trouble and I'm forced to trade it in, or do I trade it in now while it has a somewhat decent trade-in value?
Right now I'm at the “When in doubt, leave it out” stage, but I don't know.
Today is Pizza Tuesday, so I’m off to the Community Room to watch the goings on.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like all is well in your world! you will make the right decisions when the time comes!

    ReplyDelete