Thursday, July 27, 2017

Fun With Food

Plan for today was to head to the mall and walk the 3.12 qualifying miles for the virtual #Kicking Asphalt challenge.
However, waking up at 4:00 this morning has left me feeling sleepy tired draggy, so not today.
I finally got around to viewing last week’s cooking channel’s Food Star last night. One of the contestants made a dutch baby. Thinking I could probably find a gluten free grain free version on the internet, I went looking.
Found one.
Having had so many kitchen fails, was pleasantly surprised when the aroma of dutch baby in the oven began to smell like success.
Took a peek and, sure enough, it correctly puffed up.


Once out of the oven, it fell like it was to and, with blueberries, was a delicious alternative to my usual eggs and potatoes.
Of course, I’m not to be eating potatoes, but I’ve given up everything else so maybe one day potatoes will be off the menu, but not just yet.
In fact, since I don’t have the energy for a 5K today, the plan now is to drive to Sprouts for ingredients to remake another dish that turned out well – Dkzody’s July 10 smashed potatoes. Only I made cashew cheese to substitute for parmesan and it turned out so well that I’ve actually been craving the dish.
So that's the plan for the day -- dutch baby, smashed potatoes with cashew cheese, needlepoint and, hopefully, more sleep.
Tomorrow is Movie Night. Last week it was another as seen on TV movie, Clint Eastwood’s Million Dollar Baby. Tomorrow it’s Denzel Washington’s Training Day, which happened to be on TV just last night so bleh.
Not my kind of movie, I haven't rewatched it since first seeing in 2001 so, correct me if I’m wrong, but I remember it as sex, violence and curse words.
The movie is Younger Sister’s suggestion and, after tomorrow night, I think they’ll be reviewing her suggestions a bit closer because we’re kind of a PG audience around here and that’s an R movie.

1 comment:

  1. Glad the potatoes worked for you. My daughter makes a cheese sauce in her Vitamin that is really delicious. She eats it with potatoes all the time. I made a berry cobbler today that seems to be a fail. I tried to make 1 1/2 the recipe but it didn't turn out quite right.

    ReplyDelete