Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Wish Not Granted

The vacant lot across the street having been sold, construction of something new coming, the resident I call Younger Sister was hoping for a Dollar Tree. Me … I’d been hoping for Starbucks and a Gym.
Neither of us got what we wished for.


The lot is big, so there’s still room for Starbucks and 24-Hour Fitness, but the new construction is going to displace Tent Guy, who’s been pitching a tent, living on the lot off/on for two years.
Cranky Neighbor, the resident involved in that traffic accident, began feeling worse, so her son and daughter-in-law picked her up Sunday to recuperate at their home. I wouldn’t be at all surprised if this accident isn't the last straw in Cranky’s California Adventure, causing her to act on her threat to move back to Henderson Nevada, which threat she voiced the first week she moved in because she didn’t like how things are done here in California, plus “I don’t know where anything is in the area, and I’m too old to make new friends.”
The Writer of Christian Literature, who’s been here about a year and a half, is in the process of packing up to move back to Florida.
I can’t imagine the time, energy, expense of moving so far cross-country only to turn around and move all the way back … especially at our age.
I’m still hoping and praying I don’t have to move end of this year. If it turns out I don’t get that wish either, though the no income tax in Nevada is tempting, I’m getting more and more away from the idea of moving out of California.
Riverside is a hop, skip, jump away – way more expensive, but I’ve been thinking of trying it for a year, if I must, then reevaluating crossing the state line into Nevada next if Riverside doesn’t work out.
I’m hoping it’s not an omen that, just when I’d decided on Riverside as my back-up plan, I get an emergency phone alert last night to evacuate NOW Riverside and San Bernardino counties. I figured it had something to do with the Manzanita fire but, looking outside, seeing nothing anywhere near us, I ignored the San Bernardino portion and began thinking the alert to be an omen Riverside might not be a good plan.
We’ll see. I've four more months before stay or go becomes official.
Today being Tuesday, it’s once again Pizza Day.
Since my involvement now is strictly limited to that of detached observer, it’s kinda fun to take my needlepoint work down to the Community Room, hang out with the folks, watch the show. So that’s what’s on tap for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment