Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Blazing Sun

This being fire season, I’m beginning to worry about the hills surrounding us. This hillside in particular, because it looks so dry.


Crossing my fingers, hoping for the best, but diligently on fire watch.
Hot as it is, I’m venturing out to Starbucks this morning.
Having switched to butter coffee, because it doesn’t cause my blood pressure to spike, this will be my first visit since end of February. However, spiking or not, I need that extra ump this morning because I walked all night in my dream.
The dream was of attending a comedy show with a friend. I remember being asked my thoughts on the comedienne after and saying she wasn’t funny, that she wasn’t bad, she just wasn’t funny, but that I thought it took time to reach the level of a Chris Rock or Wanda Sykes. After the show, my friend and I went to the hotel, where she was booked into Building 1. I was booked into Building 4 but, in the darkness, could not find the building.
I walked and walked and walked, asked a café worker who directed me one way, another worker who directed me differently and it was daylight by the time I gave up locating Building 4 and decided to wait by the car for friend to show up so we could head home.
The all-night walking spilled over to my awake life to where I am dragging this morning, willing to head out in the sun to Starbucks.
And speaking of walking ….
Medal from the last two 5Ks arrived in Tuesday’s mail.


That’s a total of 10 medals this year, representing 140.41 miles accumulated through walking and indoor biking events. Also, I’ve been eating healthy, because my gut won’t let me do otherwise, and then there are the miles of walking/biking not tracked –yet and still no loss of inches or pounds. I did have one month where I got all excited because the needle on the scale moved down. That must have been a fluke, because the needle quickly went back to where I’ve been stuck for like forever.
Inasmuch as I aim for one event per month, twelve per year, I’m ahead of the game at this halfway point of 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment