Friday, May 12, 2017

Spa Day Approaches

After a week of literally hibernating in my unit, seeing no one, talking to no one, getting up and put together late, catching up on recorded television programs, needlepointing, meditating -- even passing on this morning’s Mother’s Day Brunch Potluck here at the complex, the plan for tomorrow is to be up and at ‘em early in order to be ready by 9:00 when daughter arrives to spirit me off to Mother/Daughter Spa Day, followed by lunch.
Nails still broken/cracked, recovering from last month’s manual labor of putting together that bib/medal board, and the trauma of the gel removal process of the month before, I’m somewhat embarrassed to be heading to the nail salon.
It’s like when one calls for a housecleaner. You don’t want the service to think you’re a complete slob, so you clean the place up a bit before the cleaners arrive. Not me, because I do my own housework, but I’ve heard about it, seen it done and understand the need to straighten up first because it’s what I would do.
Doesn’t make much sense, but it is what it is.
Likewise, I’ve been waiting for my nails to get better before scheduling a mani/pedi, so the girls won’t talk about how bad my nail are, but Spa Day is arriving long before nails are back to normal, so I’m just gonna have to suck it up.
Mother/Daughter Spa Day is also landing on the same day as Rancho Cucamonga’s Open Streets event.

My kind of thing with streets on Town Center Drive, between Haven and Spruce, transformed into a car-free environment for walking, biking, dancing, food, games, prizes but oh well, Spa Day is higher on the scale than a block party, so no contest there.
The wardrobe for tomorrow is the tank top I’d blogged about on the 30th – the one I said that, after having seen a woman in the market with a graphic I admired, unable to find it in my size, I was going to search the internet for a graphic, capture, print to a transfer sheet and iron-on to one of my Duluth tank tops.
Found it.

The tee didn’t come out exactly as I’d hoped.

The edges failed to blend in, they came out grayish and distressed looking.
Whether the cause is an old printer or an old transfer sheet, it works for just kicking about. Besides, people are paying a fortune these days for the distressed look, so technically I’m on point.
On tap for today?
I don’t know.
It’s surprising how quickly one can adjust to staying indoors, doing nothing, so I’m trying to motivate myself to break the cycle, get up and out, at least for a short walk about.

4 comments:

  1. Although I like to have an occasional day at home, with no where to go, if I stay home for more than two days, I get depressed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't handle your busy schedule, all those commitments, plus a husband at home. I'd go nuts, but salute your ability to keep ticking, even when under the weather.

      Delete
  2. I'm very fortunate in that Terry really can take care of himself. While I've not been interested in food, cooking or eating it, Terry has gotten his own meals and done just fine. He also did laundry yesterday while I was out gadding around with my girlfriends.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. That's pretty awesome. Had I that kind of teamwork in my background, I doubt I'd have developed the keep away mindset I now have.

      Delete