Tuesday, May 2, 2017

Clear

With not much on my to-do list, and nothing on the Monthly Activity Calendar to interest me this month of May, looks like I’m going to have a lot of down time on my hands, which means I can get back to the needlepoint project, catch up on recorded television programs, sit quietly and meditate, get my mind clear.
On the calendar this month is bingo, of course.
I’ll pass.
There’s the Cinco De Mayo Nacho Social on the 5th.
I don’t eat cheese, can’t even stand the smell of it, so I’m out.
Then there’s the Mother’s Day Brunch Potluck on the 12th -- billed as “Pancakes and drinks will be provided. Please bring a side dish”. But that’s what the Activity Director said about last month’s Spring BBQ – “Hot dogs, hamburgers and drinks will be provided. Please bring side dishes”, then she showed up with nothing, disputing our even having thought we were having an event that day until she was shown her own calendar and own sign-up sheet.
Having overlooked so much and so many of her misses, I’m not sure I’m willing to trust her again, so I’m probably out.
The next Residents/Management Meeting is on the 18th; however, having already declared after last month’s meeting I’d likely not attend another, because residents seem relatively happy with management and there is no new information coming out, my passing is a foregone conclusion -- and looks like I dodged a bullet. The notice indicates the Residents/Management meeting rolls over, at the end, into the Residents Volunteer Activity Association meeting.
Appears to be a set-up to me -- a way to capture folks and get them involved, and I’m done with being involved at the volunteering level around here.
There is to be a Suggestion Box, which I plan to drop in a suggestion that, inasmuch as they’re trying to bring back activities we once enjoyed, bring back the walking group and a weekly exercise class.
To make sure I don’t get sucked into, “It’s your suggestion, why don’t you handle that”, I’m going to type up, rather than write the suggestion and omit my name as the suggesting resident.
Last month feels like a blur. My mind was so cluttered by the chaos surrounding the school shooting, plus paperwork and eye wear drama, that I have no clear memory as to what I did with the month, what if anything was accomplished.
Looking back, I see very little was accomplished needlepoint wise, but I did make my own bib/medal board and, inept in the kitchen as I am, I had one successful cook -- that chicken curry with lentils, also I completed the 22.1 Mile Adventures of Sherlock Holmes indoor bike challenge.
Trying to get off the carbs, last night I tried Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice which taste-wise was another success, except following recipe directions was a miss because it didn’t hit me until this morning that I forgot to add the eggs, a must ingredient in Asian fried rice.
If my gut hadn’t developed intolerance to so many different foods, I swear I’d eat out every meal.
At any rate, this month is my time to keep to myself and, except for an appointment this Thursday with the snobby, rude, dismissive optometrist and a Mother/Daughter Spa Day on the 13th, to sit quietly and get clear.

No comments:

Post a Comment