Wednesday, May 17, 2017

Aging for Dummies

Today went by fast.
I drove out-of-the-area to a city I’ve never been -- Yucca Valley, and got off my to-do list an Estate POA (Power of Attorney) and POA for Health Care opting to have the plug pulled.
I still have to put together an addendum that I wish to be cremated, sprinkled someplace warm – like the desert, and do not want a memorial service.
Downside of being a loner is I don’t know enough people to make a memorial service worth the effort, but don’t cry for me Argentina because I’m good with that.
As far as I know, I’m not going anywhere soon, but you never know; and that windfall necessitated those POA’s and it appears I also need a Transfer Upon Death Kit.
So much paperwork involved in aging, and with no clear roadmap – other than word of mouth, as to all that this aging thing requires be done so as not leave a nightmare behind for others to take care of, I’m feeling the need for an Aging for Dummies book.
After the initial meeting, as to names of individuals to be plugged into the POAs, I was told to wait for 20 minutes while documents were prepared or explore the area. Inasmuch as I was in the middle of four blocks of shops, stores, movie theatre, Starbucks, I took a walk. I don’t know if it was May Gray that made the area look so gloomy or if the area felt gloomy to me because it was just not my kind of chi, but the walk was good for getting me back out there. I ended up logging in 1.50 miles in 40 minutes.
That’s slow going, but a stop into Kmart was partly responsible for the slow pace.
I seemed to be in a spiritual flow, one where I thought it, it manifested itself, because I woke up this morning thinking how much I miss the stainless-steel copper Starbucks Thermos I had to toss because, last time I went to the movies – in 2012 to see Twilight Breaking Dawn Part 2, snacked on popcorn and Starbucks coffee from the thermos, I’d dropped the plug on the theater floor, was not about to pick it up, and was unable to find a replacement or another thermos I liked. I’d actually held onto the thermos, in hopes I’d be able to salvage it with another plug, but finally gave up and tossed it a couple months ago when I did a cleaning purge.
So anyway, here I was thinking about that thermos this morning and, passing Kmart on the walk in Yucca Valley, something said go inside and take a look at what they have. Since I no longer stop into Starbucks, I was thinking I could carry butter coffee around.
What Kmart had was another of my favorite things, and they only had one, like it was waiting there for me.


How much do I love camo?
My outfit for today consisted of black long sleeve top, camo leggings, camo headband, camo fanny pack, and actually, with four pairs of camo leggings in the closet, that’s been my day-to-day outfit for most of this year when I’m not wearing black leggings.
So that’s one productive day outside after days and days of hibernating indoors. Whether tomorrow will be in or out is anyone’s guess.

1 comment: