Monday, March 6, 2017

Paid the Price

Last few days have been spent paying the price for indiscriminate eating.

I’m thinking it wasn’t so much the sugar, as it was the wheat in those Girl Scout cookies that sent me over the cliff.

So over the cliff that I wasn’t sure I’d be sufficiently recovered to police Pizza Tuesday tomorrow but yesterday, though still queasy, stomach pains had subsided a bit, I was off the couch, back to indoor biking, and this morning’s breakfast stayed down, so I think I’m over the worst of it.

Hopefully I’ve learned my lesson … no more products with a wheat ingredient!

We’re having some big deal inspection tomorrow, so I’m still not sure I’ll be needed for Pizza Tuesday, even though Activity Director called to verify if I would do it.

There’s still a bit of disconnect between what the office puts out in the Monthly Calendar and what the Activity Director puts on her calendar, so it may be a situation of her not knowing about the inspection.

I tell you one thing though – it’s beginning to urk me that Activity Director has yet to follow through on a notice to residents as to why the sign-in sheet. It’s the principal of my keeping my commitment to her, she not keeping hers to me.

If I’ve not seen anything by next Tuesday, I’ll be telling her I’ll finish out the month, and then she’ll have to find someone else.

On another topic -- current events actually, is a photo which popped up on facebook this morning that will either make you laugh or angry, depending once again on which side of the fence you stand.




Though it made me laugh. Surprisingly, as I was later thinking over its implication of the Orange Guy's level of paranoia, I actually began feeling sorry for him. I feel sorry for anyone and everyone who doesn't understand the most basic spiritual principal -- cast the bread and in many days it will return to you. In other words, you create your own reality. It's not someone else causing your difficulties, it's not the Universe punishing you. It's whatever you cast upon the water, your own stuff coming back to you. 

2 comments:

  1. I find the photo funny as hell. Thanks! He is just deflecting and throwing his garbage out there to anyone who will listen to deflect the s-t he is doing to screw us all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep thinking this is all a bad dream and I'll eventually wake up.

      Delete