Tuesday, March 14, 2017

Ghost in the Equipment

Thank goodness I signed off on Pizza Tuesday last week and didn’t have to go down to the Community Room this morning, because I only got about three hours sleep last night.

Wide awake until around 3:30 A.M., I blamed it on the combination of Spring Forward, Full Moon, and the 3.6 earthquake, which shook the crap out of the building and me at 10:07 last night.

Online at the time of the quake, one Facebook friend reported shelves falling down.

Inasmuch as the problem with the modem, which caused me to be offline all day Sunday and half day Monday, was no longer an issue, I’d cancelled this morning’s appointment with the technician some time after midnight.

Big mistake!

Huge mistake!

I awoke at 7:00 this morning to find the lights on the modem once again out.

It was inconceivable to me that the modem could go off, on, off again at random.

I deduced something mysterious was amiss.

Question is ….. was it mystical or should I be suspicious?

After all, KellyAnn did advise us to beware our electronics.




But seriously, the rescheduled technician due to arrive between 4:00 and 5:00, I found myself watching the modem to see if it was a glitch of the lights going on only at a particular time of day, but they never came back on.

The technician arrived 4:00 sharp, pronounced the modem an older model, put in a newer modem; pronounced the wires in the wall old, probably from 20 years ago when the building was built, put in new wall wires and pronounced me good to go at 4:21.

I'm back online. Modem lights are blinking, but I'm holding my breath/crossing my fingers for what awaits me tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment