Wednesday, February 1, 2017

The Three B’s

Because of the high winds, I’ve barely been outside since Friday. Instead, my mornings have been the Three B’s -- Breakfast, Bath, Bike, with an afternoon of needlepoint and television.

You’d think the not getting outside, no social contacts, time would be dragging. But au contraire, time has been flying by. I’m just hoping the next 1460 days will go by as fast.


Time until the orange guy leaves office

The virtual bike competition is going well. My energy level has been sporadic, so I’ve not been able to bike each and every day, but updates indicate I’ve traveled 35.2 miles, from the Missouri start of Route 66.

Virtual biking is new to me, doesn’t burn near the calories walking did, but keeps the heart pumping, the blood flowing until the bone spur stops pestering me and I can get back to walking.

It’s infuriating that I’ve had to pass on so many 5Ks. One in particular has come up on February 18, with bling so enticing that I’m going for it, even if I have to walk the 3.12 miles on my tippy toes.


Cheetah Runner's Valentine 5K

Other than that, I’m sticking to virtual bike competitions, with an eye towards first completing this YesFit Route 66 Challenge (66 miles) I'm participating in, after which I plan on the YesFit Pacific Coast Highway Challenge (113.2 miles).

In between, I’ll take Fat Tuesday off (February 28) to complete the one day Mardi Gras 5 Miler challenge, advertised as a “run/walk/jog/bike or treadmill event”.

The finishing medal is attached to Mardi Gras beads.




Enjoying the variety of medals on my bib/medal board, I couldn’t pass that up, especially since I can bike it.

Speaking of bib/medal board ... mine is overflowing to where I'm going to have to find a way to add more hooks and order an additional board for future races, as I don't see myself slowing down any time soon.




Looking out the patio window yesterday, the wind looks to have died down to drive-able, forecast indicated sun, so I scheduled that spa appointment manicure/pedicure for today.

It’s going to be awkward having had the older lady always do my pedicures for so many years and requesting someone else this time because she was so distracted and caused pain last time. Thinking back as to why she seemed so distracted, so out-of-it, she is an immigrant, it was after the election, so putting two and two together I can understand but I don’t like pain, so no.

No comments:

Post a Comment