Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Pizza and Mardi Gras Beads

Another orderly Pizza Tuesday.

Delivery was on time and no one bum rushed the guys.

Except for one remark, there were no problems getting folks to add their name and unit number to the event sign-in sheet.

The woman who always takes the most -- saying she’s taking for others, and was asked to therefore sign for the others, made a snarky remark about having to “sign for pizza”.

I told her what the Activity Director instructed I tell those who felt that way, until she can put out a bulletin explanation next month, that you’re not “signing for a pizza” … you’re signing to show the program that donations are going to residents, not employees.

Today, the woman who takes the most must have walked out with 8 pizzas and I don’t even know how many containers of chicken. Then … after saying she was taking those to others, she came back and bragged about freezing and eating pizza for breakfast, lunch and dinner all week long.

Whatever.

I was so glad I held onto that almost container full of Mardi Gras beads I started to toss last time I was weeding out, getting rid of everything I’d not used in years and that which didn't seem to serve a purpose, because tossing the beads to seniors as they came into the Community Room turned into a hoot, holler and was a much better way to thin out the container.

Here’s a group of us flashing our beads.




I even got folks to Mardi Gras roll play -- ask for beads by using the iconic phrase, “Throw me some beads!”




Even Fancy got beads.





That turned out to not be a good idea, as Fancy later tried to eat them.

No sign of a party hat Pikachu in the area yesterday, no sign of one today.

Perhaps tomorrow will be my lucky day.

No comments:

Post a Comment