Monday, February 27, 2017

Happy Pokémon Day

Bet you didn’t know there is such a holiday.


Technically, it’s National Pokémon Day, associated with the day when the first Pokémon game launched in Japan back in 1996.

To celebrate, the game app is releasing a limited edition Pikachu wearing a party hat. The release began yesterday at 1:00 pm and lasts only until next Monday.

You'd think that with a week to catch one, it would be easy and time enough.

But noooooo.

So out of the area yesterday, getting my braids retightened in Rancho Cucamonga, I made sure to begin checking at 1:00 sharp.

No luck.

But, looking at the PokémonGo Inland Empire Facebook page, I see at least one person caught one yesterday ... and in the same Rancho Cucamonga area.

I guess it’s all about being in the precise right spot at the precise right time.

The right spot was not in my area because, once arriving back at the complex, I checked and still no luck.

Checked again when I woke up this morning.

Nothing.

But I was awake, checking the app at 3:23 a.m., so there’s still hope of finding one of the little guys by day’s end.

So that’s what’s on tap for today – party hat Pikachu and a 5 mile indoor bike ride to qualify for the “Mardi Gras 5 Miler”.

Tomorrow, in addition to being Pizza Tuesday is Fat Tuesday.

We’ve never celebrated Mardi Gras in the years I’ve lived here, but maybe I’ll lighten things up tomorrow by wearing beads and throwing some I collected while living in Long Beach, where Mardi Gras IS celebrated, out to the seniors.

We’ll see.

2 comments:

  1. One of my second graders offered me one of his Pokemon cards. I declined but thought of you.

    ReplyDelete