Sunday, December 4, 2016

Wild Wild West

Friday, here in the Inland Empire was like the Wild West. The Santa Ana Winds came through hot and heavy.




Checking the patio Christmas decorations for damage the next morning, I found things in pretty good shape.





The wind dislodged the outdoor rug, one of the drums was leaning, but things were otherwise in good shape.

Foot feeling better every day, the Santa Anas not too bad, I decided to venture out Saturday, to gather PokéBalls at the university, because I’m heading to Long Beach next weekend and want to make sure my backpack is fully loaded to capture new and different Pokémon.

Heading towards the car in its parking space, I saw tumbleweeds had made it over the gate, into the parking area.




And had piled up outside the gate.




Driving to the campus, I found myself singing a song from my childhood John Wayne movie watching days I'd not thought of since age 13. Surprisingly, I remembered every word.

There were no tumbleweeds on campus, but a rather large tree branch was blocking stairs.




Too cold to be out on campus for long, I headed for home just as the foot began to tell me I’d been out walking on it long enough.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, it was really strong on Friday. We have pine needles everywhere, at home and at work. Glad no serious damage or any wildfires started over it. :)

    ReplyDelete