Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Why We Can’t Have Nice Things

When leaving Starbucks yesterday, I drove across the street to fill up the tank at the station that just installed those fancy television pumps, and was aghast that someone had defaced the screen by etching scratches into it.




People that do things like this are why we can’t have nice things in the area.

I didn’t check the other pump screens to see if all had been vandalized but, I am really beginning to lose my patience with the human race.

Today it was out-of-the area looking for a birthday money card. Such cards use to be plentiful, found anywhere, found everywhere, but unable to find at any of the stores in the area, I searched for and found a Dollar Tree, which is where years ago I found just the cutest money cards for Christmas.

They only had one. Not one type of money card, one money card … period.

Fortunately for me, it was just the one I needed.

Suddenly realizing money cards are becoming a thing of the past, I decided to work ahead, look through the Christmas cards for a Christmas money card.

They had none.

There are tutorials online for DIY money cards, but I only need one, as everyone else will be getting Starbucks gift cards, and I’m not looking forward to a lot of craft work for just one card.

Hopefully, between now and then, I can hunt one down at a different location.

Before heading out for that money card, I met with the Assistant Manager of the complex, went over the new lease agreement and re-up’d for another year with only a slight increase -- $20. So since it looks like I'll be here awhile, I guess I’d better unpack all the stuff I’d packed up when I was looking to relocate.

Lastly, my Race Photo from the Monster Run finally came through on dropbox.




Am I looking the fierce zombie destroyer, reaching for her katana, or what?

4 comments:

  1. Definitely fierce. See, this is why you do dress-up, you do it so well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go, girl!!! p.s., have you tried Hallmark's or Target's card section, or CVS? Early for Xmas ones, but....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are good suggestions. Will start with CVS as it's the closest and work my way out looking. And you'd be surprised about it being early. Christmas displays were popping up in stores before Halloween even.

      Delete