Thursday, November 3, 2016

Murder She Wrote

Seriously.

There was a murder yesterday in the adult building next to our complex.

Yesterday’s trip to the Dollar Tree for that money card had me a block away from Costco. Remembering granddaughter had been unable to find chia seeds in the area, knowing Costco was a source, I popped in and picked up two bags.

Later, driving into her gated community to drop off the seeds, I saw cop cars, cops in uniforms, cops in suits (detectives) and crime tape blocking one whole side of the parking lot, all of which translated in my mind to “murder”.

No sooner than I walked into the door of my unit, than the cellphone rang with a neighbor saying they heard there was an incident in that building, was my granddaughter okay.

Yes, she’s find thank you … I saw the police tape, think it’s a murder, but don’t know for sure; but how did you find out about something happening so fast?

Turns out one of the residents of this building has a relative in Yucca Valley whose hobby is police scanners. He heard something bad had happened, thought it was our building, called to check on her and, from there, word got around and someone put together it was the building next door, let me call Shirley to see if her granddaughter is okay.

Googling news sources this morning, I found several articles stating that a 50 year old transient, who had been taken in by a resident, had been stabbed and died from his injuries.

Many will disagree with what I say next -- some will be offended. I’m sorry for that, but it is what it is and, though I think it a nice gesture to take in the homeless, it’s not a good idea. For one, that’s how bed bugs and crime come into a community.

The person the dead guy was living with was interviewed by one news source and said the guy slept all day and went out at night.

Out at night, unless one has a night job, to me indicates criminal intentions.

Another resident, near where the body was found, said she’d heard a car alarm go off at 4:30 a.m.

The Nancy Drew inside me says the dead guy was either breaking into a car, got caught and stabbed by someone taking offense or caught someone else breaking into a car and was silenced.

I’m leaning towards the latter, though one news outlet quoted a police source as saying, “It wasn’t random”, which could mean they suspect the person he was living with.

So that sadly happened.

Today was a 2.45 mile walk on the campus of the University.

Desperate for PokéBalls, I couldn’t wait until Saturday -- when classes were not in session, but luckily found parking on that side street I discovered.

It was like walking 2.45 miles in sand, as the wind measured at 3 mph, nearly toppling me over a few times, and I’m a big girl, not easily toppled. I now have only 8 miles to go before completing my goal of  logging in 100 miles by year's end.

I'm happy with that, but not proud because, in previous years, I'd logged in 400+ miles.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you getting out to walk. I did 1.5 miles after getting home from school. Not much, but the weather is so gorgeous that it just makes me happy to be outside.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And kudos to you as well for getting out and enjoying the weather.

      Delete