Sunday, November 13, 2016

Mission Inn Run

Today’s 5K turned into a family affair.





My youngest daughter (five minutes younger than her fraternal twin from whom we are both now estranged) has been doing the Mission Inn Run for the last three years. This being my first, I let her know I’d registered and would be joining her.

She was excited and took care of package pickup.




My bib number (Two thousand six hundred seventy six) was a clue this was going to be a fun event, with lots and lots of participants.

It was.

Walking to the start line, I ran into two friends from the run/walk group I’m involved with.




These are the same two I ran into at the Spooktacular, where the young lady won the costume contest as Assassin’s Creed.

I also ran into a couple, who were complete strangers, but daughter and I so loved their outfit that we asked if we could take a photo.

The wife said, “Yes”.

Hubby said, “No”.

I said, “She wins” and took the photo, with daughter in the middle.




Hubby was a good sport saying, “This tutu is a one time deal.”

“You hope”, said I.

At the start line ….






Along the course …




That mural was a PokéStop. I took a photo for my Go site and had daughter pose underneath.

Firemen …






Daughter wanted a police officer as her backdrop.




I wanted horses for mine.




Except for one hill, this was a pleasant and fairly easy course – one which, had I not been stopping for pictures and PokéStops, probably could have finished in under an hour. Official results will probably come in around one hour ten minutes.




I get to do this all over again on November 24th, as daughter talked me into registering for the Turkey Trot at this same location.

2 comments:

  1. Good for you. And who cares how long it took to complete if you had fun while doing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great fun. I'll do many more events at this location.

      Delete