Sunday, October 23, 2016

Monster Run



This morning was another 5K that did not go off as planned.

Organized by two separate organizations -- the Y and a Non-Profit Charity, I arrived to find the Y had pulled out at the last minute, leaving the non-charity to make do with a whole lot less than last year. Gone was the Zumba Warm-Up, vendors, face painting station; also gone were all the Vampires, Zombies, Monsters at every step along the course. We did have one lone monster … this guy.




And there were so few people in the Walking Category that I decided to skip it and head back home.






After returning to the car, removing my sword, gloves, I heard the emcee call “5 Minutes” on race start, decided to put my gear back on and walk the course to see what Pokémon were available and capture a few shots of post worthy costumes.










No special Pokémon were found and, it was a very boring course with no Monsters along the way, only these two volunteers who were more cute than scary.





But I finished – pain free, nothing hurt.




My results came in at 1:05:57.

I could not accept the Spooktacular’s 1:06:57:9 results as any way possible, because there was no pressure for me to keep pace with the other participants -- I walked slow, hunted Pokémon, took my time; but 1:05:57 is on-point this time because the course was all flat, some sidewalk, some asphalt, and I had to push myself to keep pace with others.

Compared to previous years, it’s been a dismal under whelming Halloween month, capped off with this, my tenth and last 5K of the year.

I found it prophetic that the weather turned dark, gloomy.

I was already home napping by the time the rains came.

4 comments:

  1. At least you got out there and tried and also got in some good exercise. You are doing far better than many your age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True and for that I'm grateful and will probably be foolish enough to give it a go next time I see a 5K that might turn out to be a fun event.

      Delete