Saturday, October 29, 2016

Busted

On the university campus, outside the Santos Manuel Student Union, is a bronze coyote statue called “Wild Song” which is some sort of big deal.

Passing the statue, while walking the campus, I’ve made several unsuccessful attempts to take a selfie that makes it look like the coyote is biting my head off. Today, I tried a new tactic.



It made me laugh, so I deemed it a success.

Walking away, I heard someone call my name.

Oh oh, busted desecrating their sacred coyote, was my first thought. But how did whoever busted me knew my name?

Lo and behold, it was a former coworker. Someone I’ve not seen since retiring.



Turns out he’s still employed with the agency, but is also a student of the University, working on his Masters. Sitting inside the student union, looking out the window, he’d seen some woman doing something strange at the statue, realized he knew that woman, and came out to give me a hug and ask what I was doing.

“Capturing Pokémon” was my reply.

As I didn’t actually touch the statue, just held up a finger, positioned that finger to look like it was in the coyote’s mouth, I saw no need to enlighten him other than “Pokémon”. And now that I know students inside can see me through the window, I'm done with that activity.

Today was another successful hunt. I ran into a nest of a breed rare for this area and managed to capture eight. I also captured two new Pokémon, one of which was another of the ghost type promised us.

Haunter

I probably get out again tomorrow but, inasmuch as I’ve not walked the complex or nearby neighborhood for some time, I think I’ll stick close to home.

No comments:

Post a Comment