Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Senior Happenings

Except for a Crisis Team coming in and taking Creepy Guy to the VA Hospital for evaluation; and except for next door neighbor confronting the Maintenance Supervisor, who lives upstairs across the quad, about the ongoing mess his family keeps on their patio ruining her view, there’s been no happenings here at the senior complex as we wait to see if things are going to get better for us, i.e., more activities, fewer rules, now that Nurse Ratched is gone, or worse – though I can’t imagine worse.

Creepy Guy, the complex’s pervy perv, was observed behaving erratically over a period of days and, when someone saw him outside the complex, standing in the same spot for two hours, talking to himself, a call he might need help was made. When help arrived and decided he needed to be taken in for observation, he didn’t want to go. Taken anyway, he was released the same day, so I guess he talked a good game, though the fact someone reported having seen him walking around with a machete indicates he does need help.

Thankfully, I haven’t seen him leering about and thus haven’t had to go out of my way to continue to avoid him. I'm not worried about the unconfirmed rumor of the machete, because I'm way faster than he.

So there’s that.

And then there’s the next door neighbor’s patience coming to an end when the mess on the patio across the quad went from just the children’s drum set, some sort of tool, clothing piled in a corner to this …


Dirty Diapers, Empty Diaper Box, Drum Set, Clothing

Her complaints to the office, during Nurse Ratched reign, had gone unaddressed so she decided to complain to the Assistant Manager, who is now in charge until someone is appointed to the position. Neighbor said she went down yesterday morning, found the office closed for “Training”, then marched across the quad, knocked on the door, said “Are you ever going to get that mess off the patio? I’ve been looking at it for over a month!”

It’s been way longer than a month but, at any rate, the direct approached seemed to work.




As for me, I've been taking advantage of the cooler weather with daily walks -- including hunting for Pokémon, trying to reach this year’s goal of 100 walking miles by year’s end.

This weekend’s weather is predicted to reach triple digits again, so I’m going to try to get in as many miles as possible before that happens.

Since walking at the University this weekend if we do get to triple digits is out of the question, and since I can’t park at the University during the week, I’m trying to work myself up to taking the bus.

The express stop is just across the street from the complex, and takes me straight into the university but, and this sounds a bit pathetic, I'm having a hard time pushing myself to do so because I actually don’t know HOW to ride the bus – how much does it cost, how do you get tickets out of the complicated looking machines, what do you do with the tickets once on-board.

Tonight, I’ll be Googling the bus website, looking for step by step instructions and hopefully I can put my big girl panties on tomorrow, head across the street, and figure it out. Maybe I’ll run into other folks there who can help me.

No comments:

Post a Comment