Sunday, September 4, 2016

Other People’s Problems

Waking at 3:30 with other people’s problems on my mind, it was touch and go as to whether I’d make it to the University this morning for more game items.

Headachy and exhausted as I was, there I was bright and early, walking, gathering items with practically the whole campus to myself, when all of a sudden the game tells me “Your bag is full”.

What?!

Expecting to amass at least 300 PokéBalls over the three-day weekend, so I could later hunt endlessly, I find the limit one can hoard is 130.

Total bummer, plus I forgot to set Runkeeper to track miles walked towards the goal of 100 by year’s end.

Before my scavenging was shut down, there was this very funny PokéStop.




Headed back to the car, I came upon a tree which looked like it had been toilet papered and maintenance missed a few sheets in the cleanup.




Whenever I was out and about, back in the day, signs of civilization to me were McDonald’s Golden Arches. Now it’s the sign I came across in the window of one of the student unions.




This is a very nice campus -- spotlessly clean, peaceful. 

There is a development under construction, in an area adjacent to campus, which includes “upscale student housing … single family dwellings … shops proposed to consist of retail/restaurant space, patio/plaza area.”

Sounds like my kinda place so, if I happen across an extra $350,900 lying around to buy into the single family dwellings, it's good-bye seniors, hello younger more energetic crowd.

So that’s it for collecting for a week, maybe more.

Tomorrow is now open so, if I have another sleepless night and wake up early, perhaps I’ll head for a walk around the golf course.

On the other hand, arriving back at the complex around 8:00, Apache caught up with me and asked, “You coming to the fish fry tomorrow?”

“What fish fry?”

“They didn’t tell you?”

“No. Nobody told me, those rats!”

Evidently organized by the usual suspects – Apache, The Baker, The Writer, The Seer, this event sounds disorganized and iffy, as in if it will really happen, because Apache was unclear on details, such as time, who signed up to bring what, what else was needed, but did say “It’s a celebration. We’re celebrating her leaving. I even bought a piñata.”

“Seriously ... With her picture on it?”

“No. It’s Trump, but we can pretend it’s her.”

So, if I get a call that it’s a-go at a specific time and what to bring, tomorrow will be a fish fry.

If not, no matter. I'll spend the day meditating other people's problems out of my head.

1 comment:

  1. Very kind of you to worry about others' problems. I have enough of my own to think about in the middle of the night that there isn't time or room to mull over others.

    ReplyDelete