Saturday, September 17, 2016

Early Bird

It was a cool 58° when I headed to the University this morning.

By the time the sun began to heat up, I’d gotten in 1.96 miles, filled up my Pokémon Go Backpack and was at Starbucks when a message came in at 8:57 from the Archeologist, “Going to csu for Pokemon”.

I thanked her for letting me know but said “I’m the early bird; just left with a full bag”.

So her schedule is to head to the University when the sun is up and it’s starting to get hot, while mine is to beat the heat, which gives me a good excuse for not hunting with her and, hopefully, that’s the end of that.

On the off chance I’d run into her on campus, I parked on the opposite side of campus to where I ran into her last time, and found PokéStops I’d not already discovered – unlimited photo ops for my Go site.

Finding myself in an off-the-grid area of campus, who should I run into but my Dumpster Diving Neighbor.

“This place is so big, I’m finding things I never saw before”, says I.

“But you found me”, she laughed.

So with a full bag of 156 PokéBalls, 33 Great Balls, 2 Incense, 1 Lucky Egg, 38 Revive, 33 Potion, 33 Super Potion, 85 Razz Berry, I’m good for the week insofar as gathering at the University. I don’t plan another trip until next Saturday, which leaves tomorrow free and clear for a spa manicure/pedicure I really don’t want to go to the expense of, but must because a professional job, versus what I’ve been doing for myself, is desperately needed.

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. No. Never heard of it, but going to look it up.

      Delete
    2. Looked it up and remembered hearing about geocaching some years ago. Didn't know it was still a thing, but little too adventurous for me.

      Delete
  2. Haven't started playing Pokemon Go? Download It Now (Built for Android or iOS)

    ReplyDelete