Sunday, September 11, 2016

A Word

At 9:30 this morning, the Universe broke my blogger’s block with a word. That word is “awkward”.

Having used up most of the PokéBalls gathered over the holiday weekend, and having learned “Your bag is full” was not the end of the ability to collect more than the 130 I had amassed, that I could purchase a bigger backpack for 200 coins (the equivalent of $1.99), and I could also make room in the bag for items I want and need by deleting items I do not want or need, armed with a little better understanding of the intricacies of Pokémon Go, I was back on campus bright and early this morning for more.

Heading back to the car an hour and a half, 2.28 slow miles later, I saw a silver car circling the parking lot. The car made its way over to where I was and parked a little ahead of me in a faculty spot. Not being able to see who was in the car, I made a point to veer off towards my car in a direction away from the silver car. The driver's door opened and who should step out but the young woman who wanted to hang with me (let’s call her The Archeologist).

AWKWARD!

Before she could speak, I blurted out, “I’ve been here an hour and a half. I’m done”.

“Are you?” I heard her say as I waived to her little girl, smiling at me through the car window, and continued on to my car.

And that was that.

Earlier in the week, catching Pokémon in the market while waiting for granddaughter to finish her shopping, who should I see in the checkout line but The Archeologist with her whole family -- husband, little girl and son, who looks to be around ten or twelve, and who came across as bratty, stuck up, elitist. At least, that’s how I read his response when I attempted to engage him, but maybe it’s just a ten to twelve year old boy thing.

This reoccurring theme of running into The Archeologist is odd because, though we recently discovered we live very close to each other, our paths had crossed only three times in the last three years, all of which was out-of-the-area at 5Ks.

At any rate, this morning’s encounter gave me a word which opened up space in the blogger’s block I’m experiencing. It’s off to the dentist tomorrow and, if I have words tomorrow, hopefully they won’t be “Expensive” and/or “Excruciating Pain” because they thought they saw a cracked tooth last visit.

2 comments:

  1. How about "broke"? LOL That's how I feel after a visit to my dentist.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully not. That's the dealerships job to break the bank when I take the car in for servicing next month.

      Delete