Sunday, August 28, 2016

Postscript

Here’s hoping this early morning walking weather continues because, committed to a doable 100 miles this year, because of the heat, I’ve only been able to complete 57.76 miles, compared to over 400 last year.

This morning’s 2.33 mile walk netted a new Pokémon.




And, as soon as I recharge the phone and gather my breath, I’m out again -- heading for the University because I hear the entire campus is a giant PokéStop and I need to replenish the 20 balls I wasted trying to catch a wild creature this morning that would not be caught.

Even the new capture cost me quite a few balls, because it fought, took too many balls to capture, broke free, took more balls to recapture, broke free a second time, more balls and a couple raspberries before finally registering as a capture, so I really need to load up on game tools if this is how it’s going to be now that I’m a Level 8 player.

You can, of course, purchase game tools, but I'd rather hit up Stops and load up for free.

As a postscript to yesterday’s post about the BlackandBlue domain name I let slip through my fingers -- because I didn’t learn of the need for domaining a site’s name until way late, my curiosity as to its current status was peeked, so I checked.

Inasmuch as this event occurred during the period when dot com moguls were raiding the internet, buying up every unregistered domain name they came across for profit, I assume that’s who bought it because the domain became the site of a clothing boutique that specialized in only black and blue outfits. Looking at the domain now, I find it’s blank and on sale for $22,000!!!

Except for the missed opportunity to benefit financially from the domain name, I have no regrets because blackandblue was descriptive of how my life was during those rough years, as witnessed by the text of the about page.




The current domain name is descriptive of how life has been since working my way through -- the now life of a survivor who has learned, overcome and grown into a stronger person.

I’ve noticed quite a few variations of BootsandBraids online. Though no one has offered me $22,000 for it, looks like a lot of people want the name, so it’s a good thing I obtained that domain before it too slipped away. Consequently, I’m thinking it’s also a good thing I opted for BootsandBraidsGo and will be utilizing that site as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment