Wednesday, August 10, 2016

No News is Good News

Nothing new going on in my corner of the world, and I like it like that -- though I still hear the words of my spiritual teacher, who passed away a few years ago, rolling around in my head.  Her belief was … if things stop, stuff isn’t going on in our lives, we are no longer growing. My belief was and is … I’m tired, I’ve been through enough, experienced enough, I’d like the merry-go-round to stop and let me off.

So I’m good with this period of nothing going on.

The August Activity Calendar came out last week and, except for another Residents/Management meeting on the 17th, there are no activities for the seniors listed.

None.

Not a one.

Punishment for having two activities in one day last month, or for residents having the audacity to call Nurse Ratched out on her bullshirt at the last meeting?

The other shoe I was expecting?

Possibly, but I’m so involved in meditation, needlepoint, the occasional 5K, facebook, blogging, pokémon, that the lack of group activities is of no matter to me. Though I expect other residents will make an issue of it at the next meeting.

After 5 Weeks of clean eating and no sugar and, once again, not enough of a weight loss to speak of, I reached the level of frustration this morning that told me, “Go ahead, get yourself a chocolate muffin, might as well”.

So, after dropping granddaughter off at the bus terminal for an away visit, I stopped by the market’s bakery and, just as I went to reach for chocolate, the cell phone began to vibrate.

It was an Evee.





Not to be deterred, I captured it and instead of a lunch of something in the clean eating category, I had coffee and a muffin.

Reaching Level 7 Pokémon Go, I was prompted to join a team. Having since learned one cannot create one’s own team, I had to choose from Team Yellow (Instinct), Blue (Mystic), Red (Valor) in order to keep going in the game. Blue and Red came up as female team leaders, so that narrowed the choice, and when Red came up as my skin color, the choice was clear.




Next is learning how to battle and a team tee.

Seriously.

I’m that into it.






No comments:

Post a Comment