Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Magic Beans



It’s 1:00 in the morning, I’m dog tired and can’t fall asleep due to too much magic.


I was up early yesterday, Tuesday morning, in order to get myself together in time to act as granddaughter’s Uber driver – taking her to an 8:50 doctor’s appointment.

After dropping her off in front of Medical Building 1, I parked then went on a pokémon hunt.

By 9:58, I’d logged in two miles around the area surrounding the hospital, documented 7 Captures, ran into a couple also hunting, a young boy who asked, "What team are you on?" and received 1 Whistle from a construction guy working on the hospital’s new structure.

It was a good morning.

Tiring from the long walk and the heat, I decided to take advantage of the hospital’s a/c, so I texted granddaughter that, when ready to leave, she’d find me at the coffee bar in the hospital basement.

As I headed towards the entrance, my cell phone alerted me to a pokémon nearby.

“Nearby” was no exaggeration. The entrance was being guarded by a fierce little creature that, after tossing about a dozen balls, would not be caught.




I caved, turned off the pokémon feature and made it down to the coffee bar – which was not Starbucks, where I ordered a small.

I only drank half and, by the time granddaughter collected me a little after 11:00, I was WIRED! That coffee made Starbucks taste like water, which prompted me to say to granddaughter, "I'm not going to need any more coffee for remainder of the day".

Here I am wide awake, so let me correct that statement, "I may not need any more magic beans for days."

No comments:

Post a Comment