Wednesday, June 1, 2016

71 Days Later



Yes, my friends. What you see above is a pest control guy, preparing to treat my unit at last for termites.

A little late … correction, waaay too late insofar as my comfort and convenience is concerned but, as the pest control guy said, "One way or another, it was going to have to eventually be done."

This episode coming to a close hopefully brings an end to any and all further contact with Nurse Ratched for the duration.

My focus now will be praying for Nurse Ratched, because I feel she needs someone to pray her awake, and otherwise doing what I have to do for myself.

Those mailers did indeed turn into a costly gift to the interested party in Washington, so costly that I began to rethink the plan of donating, or giving away to residents, the many CDs and DVDs I want to be rid of.

THAT was a mistake I made when I moved into this complex … thinking the technology had fast forwarded to where my old VCR Tapes -- which were taking up too much space, were of no use or value to anyone, I tossed them in the trash; only to find out later that old VCR Tapes were in high demand, when we had a bazaar that people came in from the outside looking for things to be resold at swap meets.

We haven’t been allowed to have a bazaar, and/or any of the other multitude of activities we once enjoyed, since new management took over the place but, on the off-chance my next senior complex does, the tapes are headed to storage containers.

None of the books made it to Goodwill, as the local library was happy to take them all. I guess donating books to libraries is an everyday normal thing, because they offered me a donation slip to help with taxes. I declined, but now I know what to do with the two containers of cookbooks buried in the patio storage area.

I can’t get to the containers because they’re way in the back, underneath Christmas decorations. Thus will have to wait until movers come in and clear everything in the way out OR when I decorate the patio, Day after Thanksgiving, for Christmas … whichever comes first.

1 comment:

  1. Most libraries now have these big book sales to raise funds to buy what they need. They are quite happy to take donations of all sorts.

    ReplyDelete