Friday, April 15, 2016

Times Up, Get Out!

I can’t believe that, other than runs to the market, I’ve not been out of the unit in almost two weeks.

My body must have been fighting something off because, for three days, I woke up late, ate breakfast, fell asleep on the couch, woke up around 1:00 in the afternoon, ate lunch, fell back asleep, woke up in time for Judge Judy, managed to stay awake through dinner and a couple evening shows, then to bed asleep early.

I seem to have an internal clock which gets me up in time for Judge Judy – sometimes 4:00 sharp, sometimes a little late at 4:13, but always I become alert when Judy is on.

During one of those “naps”, I recall being slightly awakened by the sound of a helicopter circling. Unable to rouse myself awake enough to care, I went back into a deep sleep and, when I awakened for Judge Judy, found a text message that there’d been a robbery of one of the businesses down the street. The fool that robbed the place took the cash register, dropped it in the middle of the street when chased, ran home to his dwelling – which happened to be only a quarter mile away on the other side of that empty field. There was a police chopper following him, the corner across from the market was roped off, and then swat came, surrounded the house he'd run to, hauled him out and away.

I slept through swat!

Again, this kind of activity makes the area sound unsafe. It isn’t. It’s just that there are some bad areas scattered throughout, one needs to know where to go, where not to go, and sometimes the folks from those bad spots bleed into our area.

At any rate, I woke up this morning feeling more my old self, with plans to head out for a walk but, once again, found myself reluctant to open the front door and go out into the world of other people.

I made it all the way to suiting up in walking gear, but then turned on the computer, began today's post ... still dressed in full walking gear.

I’m really anxious for my downstairs neighbor to get outta here so I can do the indoor walking tape. Her two weeks are up, she’s given away all her furniture and is living in chaos – everything packed up, surrounded by boxes. The only piece of furniture is the couch, which is where she sleeps. She’s given that away as well, but told the recipient she needs it to sleep on for now, she’d call the day she moves for her to take away.

Even the recipient is anxious, calling me, asking me to check, “She said she’d be gone by now … when is she moving … can I get a firm date”.

I checked, neighbor doesn’t have a firm date.

That being the case, why’d she pack up and give away so soon?

She’s a nice woman, a nice neighbor, I’m sad to see her go, but leave already!

The morning is still young so, after posting, I'm heading to the couch for more cross stitching, but I’m staying dressed in walking gear hoping, at some point, it will push me to make it out for that walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment