Thursday, March 3, 2016

Philosophical Questions

Today marked the return of decent walking weather.



Unfortunately, I wasn’t able to take advantage of this morning’s weather due to today also marking the six month return visit to the dentist.

I’m at the point, in this ongoing adventure called life, when I’m beginning to wonder if certain things are worth the time and expense. Like last week, when I took that completed needlepoint project to Hobby Lobby for a frame.

I had a particular clear lightweight box-like frame in mind, but the salesman advised needlepoint needed to not be fully enclosed, that it needed to breathe; otherwise, it turned yellow.

My question to the salesman was, “How many years before it turns yellow? I’m old and need to know if I can outlive the yellowing process”.

He didn’t know how many years, so I took his advice and purchased a glass-less frame.

Driving to the dentist, I found myself thinking in those same terms about other areas of life – like the every six months visit to the dentist and the locktician every seven weeks to get new hair growth locked into my sisterlocks braids.

Is it worth the time and expense of upkeep based on how much longer I’ll be around?

When, if ever, are you too old to care?

Who knows, and I’m appropriately vain about how I look, so unless and until I get a clear message yay or nay, I guess I’ll continue to care.

Back home at the complex, I find the monthly calendar has been posted and, yet again, due to the late posting, I missed several back-to-back presentations that took place on Tuesday:

12:00 – 1:30 Wellness with Hydration of Alkaline Water presentation
2:00 – 3:00 Class: Frugal Food & Toiletries
3:00 – 4:00 Class: Budget to Win-Needs, Wants and Saving Goals

I’m guessing few residents showed up, but only because none knew.

I also see a second Resident/Management Meeting, Thursday the 10th.

Inasmuch as last month’s first meeting was such a monumental waste of time, I’d said I’d not go to another. However, in light of the female resident being evicted, while Creepy Guy skates free, continues to stalk and annoy, I’d better go so I can ask why.

No comments:

Post a Comment